Duluth is very fortunate to have some incredible chefs and some truly amazing Duluth restaurants in our port city! From fine to casual dining, or an appetizer and a cocktail, we have some great spots that can’t be missed! Check out some of the best Duluth dining recommendations, then come back to our Duluth bed and breakfast, relax by the fire maybe enjoy another glass of wine, before retiring for the evening.
For Fine or Gourmet Dining we highly recommend the New Scenic Café**, Lake Avenue Restaurant and Bar*, Zeitgeist Arts Café**, and Va Bene Berarducci’s Caffe** (An Innkeeper favorite and a must visit!!), just to name a few! For more top Duluth restaurants enjoy:
Are you looking for a more Casual Dining spot? Duluth is one of those cities that you don’t have to “dress up” to dine unless you want to.
Some of our casual favorites include but are not limited to the Tavern on the Hill**(An Innkeeper favorite and short walk from the Inn!), VaBene Berarducci’s Caffe** (Casual or dressy – you choose – but amazing food!), Lake Avenue Restaurant and Bar**, Fitger’s Brewhouse Brewery and Grille** (Best wild rice burger in the region!), and Duluth Grill**(great vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options!).
For a few more great options:
- Amazing Grace Bakery and Café **(Amazing sandwiches!)
- Pizza Luce** (great vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options!)
- At Sara’s Table/Chester Creek Cafe**(great vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options!)
- Cloud 9 Asian Bistro**
- Duluth Grill**(great vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options!)
- Burrito Union**
- Sir Benedicts Tavern on the Lake
- Blackwood’s Grill and Bar**
- Valentini’s Vicino Lago
- Mexico Lindo**
- Hanabi Japanese Cuisine**
- Northern Waters Smokehaus (now in two locations!)
- The Thirsty Pagan**(Incredible Deep Dish Pizza and Beer in Superior, WI – an Innkeeper favorite and worth the trip!)
- The Anchor Bar (Superior, WI)
Duluth is also on the map with multiple visits from Guy Fieri’s “DINERS, DRIVE-INS, AND DIVES”! The list begins here; and click on the link above for more information!
- The Anchor Bar (Superior, WI)
- At Sara’s Table/Chester Creek Cafe*
- The Duluth Grill (vegan and gluten-free options available)*
- Northern Waters Smokehaus
- Gordy’s Hi Hat Restaurant
- Gannucci’s Italian Market
- Shorty’s Pizza (Superior, WI)
- Kounty Quarthouse
Note: Pak’s Green Corner is no longer open.
It is no secret that Duluth has become known for its craft beer scene (thank you Lake Superior!), but we also have some awesome lounges and bars – and a unique Distillery to check out.
As you would expect, we have a couple of favorites that include the Vikre Distillery which has incredible hand-crafted cocktails from their uniquely made spirits of Gin, Vodka, Aquavit, Whiskey and are still aging their Bourbon! The Spirit Room, located just over the bridge in Superior WI, is absolutely worth the trip. Not only do they offer a unique cocktail menu, their Tapas (small plates) is worth the drive! And don’t forget about Blackwater Lounge! It offers an upscale, “Frank Sinatra” style atmosphere with unique martinis and the best happy hour in Duluth!
For some fun spots to have a beer, cocktail and enjoy some music, check out:
- Tavern on the Hill (An Innkeeper favorite – enjoy a cocktail on their patio by the firepit!)
- Fitger’s Brewhouse
- Aces on First
- The Rathskellar (a Duluth “speak easy”)
- Zeitgeist Arts’ Café
- Duhb Linn Irish Pub
- Carmondy Irish Pub
- 7 West Taphouse
- Bent Paddle
- Sir Benedict’s Tavern
- Red Herring Lounge
- Canal Park Brewing Company
**Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten Free Menus