AWARDED AAA INSPECTOR’S BEST OF HOUSEKEEPING 2020!!! We are happy that our beautiful state of Minnesota is on the road to recovery from COVID-19 and we will strive to keep and maintain our recovery. As you begin to make your travel plans, we know cleanliness is going to be paramount in your decision process. Staying small is staying safe, and we will be enhancing our already stringent practices to ensure your peace of mind. We are here to make sure your stay is safe, enjoyable, and truly a relaxing respite from the stress of everyday life. Read on for the additional changes and procedures we have made to allow you to travel and get away with confidence.
An Intimate and Peaceful Setting
Revel in relaxation at our spacious and private property. Enjoy:
- 2 acres of private grounds with a large front veranda, Gazebo and Pergola to spread out and relax
- All chairs and seating placed far apart to enjoy the fresh air
- A hammock to nap on
- A waterfall/pond to enjoy during a picnic
- A location just 7 blocks from Lake Superior and within walking distance to local hiking and biking trails and Duluth’s Lake walk
- Welcome gift bags with hand sanitizer, wrapped cookies, bottled water and a snack
- Self-check in and out available upon request; otherwise we will keep our social distancing as per guidelines during check in
In Room Safety
Rooms are meticulously cleaned after each guest.
- All comforters or quilts are cleaned and sanitized after each stay
- We have removed all cloth throw pillows and throws
- We have removed non-essential items such as books, magazines, decor items, etc.
- Each unit is individually temperature controlled for heat and A/C
- All rooms have a private bathroom
- All remote controls will have a disposable cover
- Daily room “freshening” will be once per week of a 7 or more night stay. Stays less than 7 nights will not receive daily freshening to keep staff and guests contact limited
We will continue to serve our full multi-course breakfast as we always have. We will be requiring breakfast delivery only for a short time as we await health department guidelines for dining room service.
- Complimentary Breakfast delivery only through May 31st. (We will assess after that date) Our full multi-course breakfast will be delivered to your room door
- Dining room service will resume once proper guidelines are set in placy by the State of Minnesota
Enhanced Environment Cleaning
We have focused our attention on enhancing routine cleaning in preparation, with more proactive and preventative measures in place. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and have taken an extra level of sanitary precautions so you can feel at ease during your stay. The below effective response measures are helping us continue to provide a safe and clean environment for all:
- Comprehensive COVID-19 guidance is in place, including providing hand sanitizers and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas
- A designated employee is focused on sanitizing, which includes routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces throughout the inn
- Disposable wipes are being used on commonly used surfaces (for example, light switches, doorknobs, handrails, tables) and are being wiped down and disinfected by employees throughout the day
- Hand sanitizer is available in all public areas and at check-in
- Common restroom on the main floor will be unavailable until further guidelines are in place
- Use of UV wands in addition to other sanitizing methods have been employed
- Limited gatherings in living room and sunroom common areas will be requested
- Daily housekeeping (see above) will be reduced to once per week to limit contact with guests and staff, though specific services needed can be arranged via our text message system
- We will kindly ask for shoes to be removed upon arrival and not worn throughout the Inn to reduce any potential contact
Virtual Elopements or Vow Renewals
Did your big day get cancelled? Let us help you celebrate your elopement or vow renewal by setting up a Virtual Celebration so your friends and family can share in your special day. Reach out to us for more details.
We Are Here For You!
Do you have any questions for us or want to chat before booking your stay? Our dedicated staff would love to discuss your upcoming trip with you. Whether it be answering questions about our enhanced cleaning routines or helping you fill your itinerary with fun and safe activities, we’re here for you! Call (218) 724-3464 or email Info@ThomsonHouse.biz to contact us today. Get updates and connect with us on our Facebook page or Instagram page too.