AWARDED AAA INSPECTOR’S BEST OF HOUSEKEEPING 2020!!!
We are happy that our beautiful state of Minnesota is on the road to recovery from COVID-19 and we will strive to keep and maintain our recovery. As you begin to make your travel plans, we know cleanliness and safety is going to be paramount in your decision process. Staying small is staying safe, and we will be enhancing our already stringent practices to ensure your peace of mind. We are here to make sure your stay is safe, enjoyable, and truly a relaxing respite from the stress of everyday life. Read on for the additional changes and procedures we have made to allow you to travel and get away with confidence. We have updated in detail our strategies on this page, but please reach out to us if you have any further questions or concerns regarding our extensive COVID strategies and procedures to ensure you stay safe while you stay small! MASKS ARE NOW REQUIRED AT ALL BUSINESSES BY ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF DULUTH.
An Intimate and Peaceful Setting
Revel in relaxation at our spacious and private property. Enjoy:
- 2 acres of private grounds with a large front veranda, Gazebo and Pergola to spread out and relax
- All chairs and seating placed far apart to enjoy the fresh air
- A hammock to nap on
- A waterfall/pond to enjoy during a picnic
- A location just 7 blocks from Lake Superior and within walking distance to local hiking and biking trails and Duluth’s Lake walk
- Welcome gift bags with hand sanitizer to take home, wrapped cookies, bottled water, a small AG Thomson House gift, and a snack
- Self-check in and out available upon request in advance of your arrival; otherwise we will keep our social distancing as per health guidelines during check in
- Staff is required to wear masks with all guest interactions
- Guests will be required to wear masks at check in and when interacting within 6 to 8 feet of other guests
- Guests will be asked to use the hand sanitizer at check in located immediately inside the entry of the Inn
- Guests will be asked to remove shoes at check in and when coming and going throughout the day and enjoying our stunning city and region
In Room Safety
Rooms are meticulously cleaned after each guest.
- All comforters or quilts are cleaned and sanitized after each stay
- Beds are triple-sheeted
- We have removed all cloth throw pillows and throws
- We have removed non-essential items such as books, magazines, decor items, etc.
- Each unit is individually temperature controlled for heat and A/C
- All rooms have a private bathroom
- TV, A/C, and other remote controls have a disposable cover
- Welcome bags provided and placed in individual rooms
- Daily room “freshening” will be once per week of a 7 or more night stay. Stays less than 7 nights will not receive daily freshening to keep staff and guests’ contact limited
We will continue to serve our full multi-course breakfast as we always have as well as our add-on breakfast delivery service!
- Dining Room service is now available for up to 10 people (5 couples). We also have a private table for 2 in our living room if we reach capacity of 10 in the dining room. Reservations MUST be made in advance to ensure space. (Please note we have 7 rooms with 14 potential guests dining) We offer a one time seating only and begin serving our first course at 9 AM. Unfortunately we are unable to offer alternative dining room service times due to staffing
- Breakfast Delivery is ALWAYS available and an option to ensure a private and intimate dining experience! You may add this wonderful add-on enhancement at the time of booking, in advance of your stay, or upon arrival.
- Please contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns regarding our clearly stated dining policies above. Our standard fee will apply to each delivery
- Now offering a FANTASTIC new add-on enhancement of a BREAKFAST PICNIC TO GO! Check out this and other private enhancements to enjoy your stay with us!
Enhanced Environment Cleaning and Guest & Staff Strategies
We have focused our attention on enhancing routine cleaning in preparation, with more proactive and preventative measures in place. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and have taken an extra level of sanitary precautions so you can feel at ease during your stay. The below effective response measures are helping us continue to provide a safe and clean environment for all:
- Comprehensive COVID-19 guidance is in place, including providing hand sanitizers and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas
- A designated staff member is focused on sanitizing, which includes routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces throughout the inn
- Staff is required to wear masks when interacting with guests and other staff members
- Guests will be required to wear masks at check in and when interacting or within 8 feet of other guests
- Disposable wipes are being used on commonly used surfaces (for example, light switches, doorknobs, handrails, tables) and are being wiped down and disinfected by employees throughout the day. UV light wands are also being used on high touch areas
- Hand sanitizer is available in all public areas and at check-in
- Common restroom on the main floor will no longer be available for use
- Use of UV wands in addition to other sanitizing methods have been employed
- Limited gatherings in living room and sunroom common areas will be requested. Guests will be required to wear masks indoors except during dining service
- Daily housekeeping (see above) will be reduced to once per week to limit contact with guests and staff, though specific services needed can be arranged via our text message system
- We ask for shoes to be removed upon arrival and not worn throughout the Inn to reduce any potential contact
- Exclusivity policy will be strictly enforced
Elopements or Vow Renewals
Did your big day get cancelled? Let us help you celebrate your elopement or vow renewal by setting up a small celebration so your friends and family can share in your special day. Reach out to us for more details.
We Are Here For You!
Do you have any questions for us or want to chat before booking your stay? Our dedicated staff would love to discuss your upcoming trip with you. Whether it be answering questions about our enhanced cleaning routines or helping you fill your itinerary with fun and safe activities, we’re here for you! Call (218) 724-3464 or email Info@ThomsonHouse.biz to contact us today. Get updates and connect with us on our Facebook page or Instagram page too.
Please note: The AG Thomson House is not, nor will be, held liable for cancellation refunds, credits, etc. in the case of a cancellation or closing of any event, business, or any other closings in our city, state or region Covid related. Our cancellation policy will apply to all bookings and reservations regardless of event, business, or any other Covid related cancellations or closings unless a stay at home order or State of Minnesota restrictions regarding travel and health are put in place. Should mandatory restrictions be put in place, we will assess and provide cancellation options. Cancellation options of re-booking or receiving a voucher may apply based upon specific and individual health related circumstances. Please contact the Innkeeper directly with detailed information. Travel insurance is highly recommended, and several options are provided on our policies page, to cover any unforseen events. The AG Thomson House Bed and Breakfast is a small, family Veteran and Woman owned business.