In consideration of and respect for our staff and other guests, unvaccinated guests will be required to wear a mask in all common areas of the Inn.
Stay Small, Stay Safe at A G Thomson House
Awarded AAA Inspector’s Best of Housekeeping 2020 and 2021!
The A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast will continue to strive to keep and maintain our recovery being a part of the solution in eradicating the pandemic. As you begin to make your travel plans, we know cleanliness and safety is going to be paramount in your decision process. Staying small is staying safe, and we continue to enhance our already stringent practices to ensure your peace of mind. We are here to make sure your stay is safe, enjoyable, and truly a relaxing respite from the stress of everyday life. Read on for the additional changes and procedures we have made at our bed and breakfast in Duluth, MN to allow you to travel and get away with confidence. We have updated in detail our strategies on this page, but please reach out to us if you have any further questions or concerns regarding our extensive COVID strategies and procedures to ensure you stay safe while you stay small!
The safety and comfort of all our guests is our number one priority.
An Intimate & Peaceful Setting
Revel in relaxation at our spacious and private property.
- 2 acres of private grounds with a large front veranda, gazebo and pergola to spread out and relax
- All chairs and seating placed far apart to enjoy the fresh air
- A hammock to nap on
- A waterfall/pond to enjoy during a picnic
- A location just 7 blocks from Lake Superior and within walking distance to local hiking and biking trails and Duluth’s lake walk
- Self-check in and out available upon request in advance of your arrival; otherwise we will keep our social distancing as per health guidelines during check in
- Staff will continue to mask during interior guest interaction
- Unvaccinated guests will continue to be required to wear masks in all interior common spaces except when dining at breakfast. This includes any common areas such as the living room, sunroom, snack & movie closets, etc.
Have Confidence in Our Cleanliness
Rooms are meticulously cleaned after each guest.
- All comforters or quilts are cleaned and sanitized after each stay
- Beds are triple-sheeted
- We have removed most cloth throws and throw pillows
- We have removed most non-essential amenities and items such as books, magazines, decor items, etc.
- Each unit is individually temperature controlled for heat and A/C with excellent ventilation
- All rooms have a private bathroom
- TV, A/C, and other remote controls are sanitized and have a disposable cover
- Hand sanitizer provided throughout the Inn
- The Lake Superior Suite is located on the lower level of the Carriage House and offers a private entrance to the room to avoid shared common areas
- Daily light room freshening will be performed once per week of a 7 or more night stay. Stays less than 7 nights will not receive daily freshening with out the purchase of the add-on service. You may add the ROOM REFRESH add-on service to your stay at a fee of $25 per day on a two (2) or more night stay. You may add this to your reservation upon booking. Advance notice is required
We will continue to serve our full multi-course breakfast as we always have as well as our add-on breakfast delivery service! Please contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns regarding our clearly stated dining policies. Our standard fee of $25 will apply to each delivery.
We offer a one time seating option of 9 AM in the dining room, living room or outdoor veranda space. The first course will be served at 9 AM. We are unable to offer alternative dining room, living room or outdoor veranda service times.
- Dining room tables are available for up to 5 couples. Reservations are helpful in planning for this option
- Living room private table for two (2) is available with a pre-reservation. Reservation is required for this option
- During warm weather months, two (2) private tables are available for two (2) on the front veranda. Reservation is required for this option
Breakfast delivery is ALWAYS available and an option to ensure a private and intimate dining experience!
- We offer our normal add-on delivery to your room door! Delivery service is between 8:30 – 8:45 AM only. We have offered this service for years as an add-on and is a wonderful add-on enhancement you can add at the time of booking, in advance of your stay, or upon arrival
- Warm weather months offer the add-on delivery option to a private table for two (2) in our pergola (located on the back property near the fountain). The regular delivery charge of $25 will apply to this service and will be delivered to the pergola between 8:30 – 8:45 AM. Please note your delivery location preference at the time of booking
Enhanced Environment Cleaning and Guest & Staff Strategies
Feel Secure with Upgraded Policies
We have focused our attention on enhancing routine cleaning in preparation, with more proactive and preventative measures in place. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and have taken an extra level of sanitary precautions so you can feel at ease during your stay. The below effective response measures are helping us continue to provide a safe and clean environment for all:
- Comprehensive COVID-19 guidance is in place, including providing hand sanitizers and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas
- A designated staff member is focused on sanitizing, which includes routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces throughout the inn
- Staff will continue to mask during interior guest interaction
- Disposable wipes are being used on commonly used surfaces (for example, light switches, doorknobs, handrails, tables) and are being wiped down and disinfected by employees throughout the day. UV light wands are also being used on high touch areas
- Hand sanitizer is available in all public areas and at check-in
- Common restroom on the main floor is currently unavailable for use
- Use of UV wands in addition to other sanitizing methods have been employed
- Limited gatherings in living room and sunroom common areas will be requested. Guests will be required to wear masks indoors in all of the common areas of the Inn except during dining service
- Daily housekeeping (see above) will be reduced to once per week of a 7 or more night stay. If you desire a LIGHT room fresh, you may add this ROOM REFRESH add-on service for a two (2) or more night stay at $25 per day of service requested
- Guests may be asked to remove shoes at check in and when coming and going throughout the day and enjoying our stunning city and region if in high traffic, public spaces before arriving or returning to the Inn
- To ensure the safety and well-being of staff and guests, our exclusivity policy will be strictly enforced. NON-REGISTERED GUESTS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED
Elopements or Vow Renewals
Let us help you celebrate your elopement or vow renewal with the perfect small celebration so your friends and family can share in your special day. We are excited and happy to work with you in arranging the ceremony of your dreams! Reach out to us for more details.
We Are Here For You!
Do you have any questions for us or want to chat before booking your stay? Our dedicated staff would love to discuss your upcoming trip with you. Whether it be answering questions about our enhanced cleaning routines or helping you fill your itinerary with fun and safe activities, we’re here for you! Call (218) 724-3464 or email Info@ThomsonHouse.biz to contact us today. Get updates and connect with us on our Facebook page or Instagram page too.
Please note: With the full availability of the Covid 19 Vaccine as of 4/23/2021, our normal cancellation has been reinstated. The A G Thomson House is not, nor will be, held liable for cancellation refunds, credits, etc. in the case of a cancellation or closing of any event, business, or any other closings in our city, state or region. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our cancellation policy, please feel to contact us.
Travel insurance is highly recommended, and several options are provided on our policies page, to cover any unexpected events. Travel insurance options are noted on our policies page.Book Now