Do you find yourself dreaming of a relaxing and romantic getaway, to help pass the time during these cold winter months? Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so we can think of no better time to plan a romantic getaway than right now. We have the perfect place in mind for you, too. Our Bed and Breakfast, nestled in Duluth’s elegant Congdon Mansion District, is Duluth’s top choice for romantic lodging. Let us do all the work for you, so you can spend your time relaxing and focusing on enjoying your time together. Romance is our business, and no one does it better. Book a romantic getaway with us this winter, and enjoy a restful stay at Minnesota’s top Bed and Breakfast.
How to Spend a Romantic Getaway in Duluth
Our Duluth Bed and Breakfast is unbeatable as a romantic getaway destination. There is a reason the A.G. Thompson House has been voted as the top Bed and Breakfast in the country, and you’ll notice it from the first moment you arrive at our doorstep. The warm, sophisticated, and romantic atmosphere of our Inn captivates the very essence of romance. From there, it’s up to you on how to spend the rest of your time in the charming and sporty city of Duluth. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- If you’re up for adventure, rent a pair of snowshoes or cross country skis and head to any number of local parks that have trails to enjoy. The Snowflake Nordic Ski Center is the best place for beginners to start.
- Rent ice skates at go ice skating at Bayfront Park.
- Take a tour of the incredibly beautiful Glensheen Mansion.
- Head to Fitgers, a mainstay brewery turned one-stop destination in Duluth, is a wonderful place to enjoy an afternoon. Not only will you find great beer, but you’ll also have access to great restaurants and excellent shopping. You can even find a trendy urban Day Spa, with a soothing and relaxing ambience perfect for any romantic getaway.
- Cozy up in one of Duluth’s many bars, and enjoy some live music. It’s one of our favorite winter pastimes in Duluth.
- Catch a show at the Duluth Playhouse or the recently reopened and much celebrated NorShor Theatre.
- Dine at one of Duluth’s most delicious restaurants. Innkeeper favorites include JJ Astors, featuring a beautiful view of the Twin Ports, Va Bene Berarducci’s Caffe, Blackwoods Grille & Bar, Tavern On The Hill, and the New Scenic Cafe.
- Cuddle up together in front of the fire at A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast, and enjoy a simple glass of wine.
No matter how much or how little of Duluth you end up seeing while here, we know time spent at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast will be equal parts relaxing and memorable. We offer many wonderful packages and extra indulgences you can add on to your stay to make it just the way you want it. Book your romantic getaway with us today!