Savor an unforgettable breakfast at our Boutique Duluth Bed and Breakfast!
To quote Ron Swanson of one of our all time favorite television series, Parks and Recreation, “C’mon, there has never been a sadness that can’t be cured by breakfast food.” or “Why does anybody in the world ever eat anything but breakfast food?” We couldn’t agree more!
~Breakfast Service and Options~
We are pleased to offer some wonderful options for your breakfast experience from our individual tables for two (2) in the dining room, our private living room table for two (must reserve in advance), our seasonal outdoor service on the front Veranda, breakfast delivery to your door, breakfast delivery to your private outdoor table in the Pergola, or our breakfast picnic to go. (Outdoor service must be pre-arranged and reserved in advance).
Full Breakfast Service~
Full Breakfast Service is served in courses at a one time seating service at 9:00 AM.
- DINING ROOM Private Tables are available for up to 5 couples (2 people per table). Reservations are helpful in planning for this option.
- LIVING ROOM Private Table for two (2) is available with a pre-reservation. Reservation is required for this option.
- VERANDA Private Tables are now available (seasonally). During warm weather months we offer two (2) private tables for two (2) OUTSIDE on the large front Veranda. Reservation is required for this option.
Breakfast Delivery Service~
- ROOM DELIVERY: Enjoy the full multi-course breakfast that we service in our dining room in the complete privacy of your room! This wonderful add-on enhancement ($25/delivery) is available for any or all mornings of your stay with us. We will deliver our full multi-course breakfast basket to your door beginning at 8:30 AM.
- PERGOLA DELIVERY: (available during warm weather months) Prefer to dine outside on a perfect Duluth morning? Now offering breakfast delivery to your private table for two (2) located in the Pergola. The Pergola is located on the back property near our large fountain. This add-on must be RESERVED in advance to ensure availability.
Breakfast & Lunch Picnic-to-Go~
This breakfast add-on enhancement is perfect for guests eager to get out the door in the morning and begin adventuring! We will prepare your picnic basket and place it outside your room door between 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM (pre-arranged time) fully stocked with a continental style breakfast featuring our baked item of the day, fresh fruit, coffee, juice and a bottle of Prosecco. Wait, there’s more…we also include a lunch snack of artisan cheeses, crackers or baguette, homemade cookies and a bottle of wine if you choose!
Breakfast at our Inn… the Best Time of the Day!
Ordinary is NOT in our vocabulary in our hearty, brunchy, elevated comfort food style of breakfast! Our breakfast has a “brunch-like” feel and is Chef’s choice. View our sample menu for an idea of what we may be serving on any given morning. Our menu varies frequently as we add new and unique items to our breakfast repertoire!
- We are proud to serve our special blend of locally roasted, fair trade Alakef Coffee uniquely designed and blended just for the A G Thomson House! We will have our special blend available for you no later than 7:00 AM on our dining room buffet. Early riser? We’ve got you covered with our Keurig available 24/7! We also offer a large assortment of hot chocolate, teas and some apple cider!
- Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free…NO PROBLEM! We take great pride in being one of the very best to exceed your dietary expectations! If you have a dietary allergy or restriction*, please let us know well in advance of your arrival, or at the time your reservation is booked. We are pleased to do all we can to accommodate, but we kindly ask for advance notice to ensure we can offer a hearty and delicious breakfast we thrive to serve! If you indicate Gluten Free – please specify if you are Celiac* or have Celiac Disease*.
*If you have a severe allergy of any kind, Celiac disease or any other disease affected by diet, please note that we do not have a separate area in our small kitchen and there will be a risk of cross contamination. We are not familiar with nor have extensive knowledge pertaining to each particular allergy or disease so it is incumbent upon our guests to fully inform the Innkeeper in advance. (We are sorry, but we are unable to accommodate fad diets such as the Keto, Paleo, Atkins, South Beach, JJ Virgin, etc.)
Our sample menu for you to view! Our menu changes daily, and recipes are continually added. This is just a sample of the multi-course style of breakfast that we serve, and a preview of what types of delicious baked and entree items we will be preparing for our guests to enjoy!