Duluth is a top-rated mountain biking destination during the spring, summer, and fall months. So Duluthians asked themselves; why not during the winter? Instead of dreading the cold, dreary winter months when bikes are typically set aside, to be stored away for sunnier days, Duluth locals now look forward to winter cycling. Fat tire biking is one of the latest outdoor adventure crazes to hit the winter scene, and it’s transforming the often cold and dreary winters in Duluth. Whether you want to hit urban trails, race down groomed singletrack trails, or head downhill at the local ski hills, fat tire biking is something you really should try this winter. Book your room at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast today, and get ready for an exciting adventure ahead.
Fat Tire Biking
The rugged city of Duluth is always pioneering new ways to get outside and have some adventure. That doesn’t stop during the winter, and we are proud to lead the way when it comes to fat tire biking. So where, exactly, does one go fat tire biking? Well, as with most things in Duluth, your options are plentiful. If you’ve never tried this fun winter sport before, we recommend taking a tour. We’ve partnered with The Duluth Experience, and offer our guests a package which includes an incredible scenic fat tire biking adventure. It is the perfect way to experience Duluth’s winter playground during the day, or by night hit the trails for a one-of-a-kind experience, followed by a victory pint at Bent Paddle Brewing Co.
If you already have the equipment or know-how to go fat tire biking, then you’ll want to hit Duluth’s top trails. According to Duluth’s knowledgeable locals, the top places to hit during the winter are also quite popular throughout the rest of the year:
- Mission Creek, which offers riders a network of fast, flowing singletrack through the woods.
- There is an extensive network of trails in Lester-Amity Park, which are perfect for beginners. There’s plenty for experienced riders here, too.
- Hartley Park is a wonderful place to test out your newfound fat tire biking skills.
- There is lift-served downhill fat tire biking available at Duluth’s popular Spirit Mountain. Spirit Mountain will again host the Frosted Fatty downhill fat tire biking race on March 4th and 5th.
- Piedmont has some of the toughest trails in Duluth. The area is perfect for technical mountain bike riding, with plenty of elevation changes and large rocky bluffs.
After a long day on the trails, we know you’ll be ready to warm up and relax when you’re done. Come back to the luxurious accommodations at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast, where your comfort is our top priority. We’re close to downtown Duluth, too. Grab a beer and relax at one of our local breweries, then enjoy a delicious dinner at one of our top restaurants before retiring for the night. The winter months in Duluth are just heating up. Make your reservation at our luxurious Inn today!