Duluth is a city with a lot to offer. Arts lovers will enjoy the Tweed Museum of Art, the many art galleries and studios around town, as well as the town’s incredible performing arts community. History lovers will enjoy tours of the Glensheen Mansion or the Fairlawn Mansion Museum, visiting the Fitger’s Museum or the Maritime Museum, or heading out to historic landmarks like the Split Rock Lighthouse. Adventurers and outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy the miles of hiking and biking, boating on Lake Superior, or otherwise finding ways to heighten their adrenaline response. If you’re short on time or just enjoy letting someone else do the work of finding great things to see and do, consider taking one of the incredible Duluth Tours put together by the experienced crew at The Duluth Experience. The beautiful splendor of fall in Duluth is just around the corner. Book your room at the A. G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast today.
Duluth Tours to Try
We think one of the best ways to see and experience the true personality of this rugged city on the shores of Lake Superior is to experience it as a local would. To that end, there are a number of very well-planned Duluth tours to choose from, offered by a local company we refer our guests to, The Duluth Experience. They offer an incredible range of Duluth tours, whether you’re interested in adventure, regional breweries, or the city’s history and culture. We’ve chosen a few of our favorites that will be the perfect addition to your next visit at our Bed and Breakfast.
- Lincoln Park Brew Tours: Visit the great breweries reviving this historic neighborhood of Duluth, including Lake Superior Brewing, Bent Paddle Brewing, and Ursa Minor Brewing.
- Axes and Ales Experience: Enjoy a 1-hour ax-throwing session, followed by beer tasting at Blacklist Brewing Company, Hoops Brewing, and Thirsty Pagan Brewing.
- Taste the Twin Ports Brew Tour: This is your best opportunity to sample beers from Duluth’s pioneering brewers. Tastings include Fitger’s Brewhouse, Thirsty Pagan Brewing, and Blacklist Brewing Company.
- HART of Duluth Walking Tour: Discover Duluth’s vibrant art scene, and meet the artisans honoring the rich legacy of Duluth’s Historic Arts & Theater District.
- Lincoln Park Craft District Walking Tour: The perfect way to get behind-the-scenes and meet the artisans, restaurateurs, brewers, and craftspeople who are revitalizing this historic Duluth neighborhood.
- Duluth History and Sightseeing Bus Tour: This is a great tour if you just want to learn about the roots of Duluth, and take in some of the top scenic views and historic sights.
- Duluth Traverse Mountain Bike Adventure: Ride on Duluth’s most extensive mountain biking trail network, designed to be enjoyed by those of all skill levels.
- Black Sand Beach Kayak Adventure: Enjoy paddling on Lake Superior, relaxing on the lake’s only black sand beach, and exploring Lake Superior’s scenic wonders.
- Sunset Kayak Tour: This is a truly unique and spectacular way to end your day in Duluth, all while enjoying the serenity of a paddle on Lake Superior.
- Lake Superior Kayak Adventure: The perfect balance of adventure, learning, and fun on Lake Superior.
- Bike and Brews Night Ride (winter only): Go Fat Tire biking this winter, followed by a celebratory beer at Ursa Minor Brewing.
- Northwoods Snowshoe Adventure (winter only): Enjoy the magical winter landscapes of Duluth, snowshoeing through the forested trails, breathtaking ridge lines, and beautiful woodland streams.
Luxury Accommodations in Duluth
When you’re ready to take a break and relax for the remainder of the evening, there’s nowhere better than our luxury Bed and Breakfast. We’re located in the historic Congdon Mansion District, just minutes from some of Duluth’s top destinations, including Canal Park, the Glensheen Mansion, and a number of amazing restaurants and shops. Choose from one of our seven luxuriously appointed guest rooms, each featuring modern amenities, an incredible gourmet breakfast each day, and exceptional hospitality. Book your getaway to our Duluth Bed and Breakfast today!