When it comes to maintaining adequate social distancing and still enjoying an exciting vacation, there’s no place better to be than in Duluth. From hiking along epic hiking trails like the Superior hiking trail and exploring Duluth bike trails, to paddling on Lake Superior and sampling some of the Midwest’s best craft beer, there’s no place quite like Duluth.
Duluth has always been known as a ruggedly fun yet charming city, and our Bed and Breakfast has long been one of the best places to stay in town. We offer guests a unique experience, complete with luxury lodging, exceptional hospitality, and, of course, the best breakfast in Duluth.
This summer, we’d love the opportunity to show you the very best of Duluth, while at the same time provide you with a safe and healthy escape and a much-needed change of scenery. Book your room at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast today!
The Best Duluth Bike Trails to Ride This Summer
Duluth bike trails have earned themselves a reputation of being some of the best in the country. Given that travel this summer is likely going to be closer to home for many of us, and will still need to involve a little bit of healthy social distancing, we can think of no better way to get out and explore Duluth than by bike.
Duluth bike trails range from the expansive Duluth Traverse and the steep downhill gravity-fed trails at Spirit Mountain, which are unfortunately closed for the season, to more laid back trails through city parks and roads. There are more than 45 miles of single-track bike trails in Duluth, and plenty of other off-road challenges.
Whatever kind of adventure you’re looking for this summer, we’re pretty sure you can find it on these Duluth bike trails. From mountain biking and flat, paved trails throughout Duluth’s countryside to scenic road routes and more, here are some of the best Duluth bike trails to discover this summer.
- The Duluth Traverse is the granddaddy of all bike trails in Duluth. It extends across Duluth for 39 miles and is a single-track, natural surface trail that stretches across the entire ridgeline of Duluth.
- Mission Creek has 23 miles of biking trails, most of which are great for beginner to intermediate riders.
- Hartley Park has 12 miles of trails that are great for beginner and intermediate riders, and also offer a delightful experience through one of Duluth’s most scenic parks.
- Head to Lester Park, and enjoy just over 12 miles of mostly non-technical Duluth bike trails.
- The Piedmont Trails are perfect for intermediate to advanced riders. There are 13 miles of Duluth bike trails to explore here.
- Mont du Lac has a great cross country trail to ride, and they also offer a variety of downhill options for the more adventurous bikers among us.
- Advanced riders will love the 7 miles of Duluth bike trails at Pokegama.
Flat & Scenic Trail Rides
- The North State Trail offers 42 miles of biking paradise through some of northern Minnesota’s most scenic areas.
- The Gitchi Gami State Trail is just to the north of Duluth. It’s not yet finished, though portions of it are still worth biking. Eventually, it will offer 89 miles of biking along the North Shore.
- The Willard-Munger State Trail is a collection of multiple-use trails between Hinckley and Duluth
- The Osaugie Trail is actually in the town of Superior, Wisconsin, and offers stunning views of Lake Superior along the waterfront.
- The Duluth Lakewalk, like the Osaugie Trail, is Duluth’s guide to the stunning Lakeshore.
The Best Duluth Bed and Breakfast
If it’s the diverse network of Duluth bike trails that bring you into town, it will be our luxury Bed and Breakfast that keeps you here. There’s truly nothing like the A.G. Thomson House in Duluth, and you’ll feel the difference from the moment you walk through our doors.
Choosing to stay at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast means choosing to stay where you can feel confident in our clean and safe surroundings. You won’t be surrounded by large crowds, and we’ve made every accommodation to ensure you feel comfortable throughout your time with us. Experience the difference, and book a room at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast today.