Duluth’s Bentleyville Tour of Lights is a much-loved annual tradition around the holidays. Whether you’ve been every year since it opened, or you’re new to this delightful holiday experience, there’s nothing quite so magical as this incredible display of holiday spirit. This year, even in the face of ongoing concerns around COVID-19, the Bentleyville Tour of Lights will continue to be a treasured tradition in Duluth.
The holiday season is truly one of our favorite times of the year, as Duluth is nothing short of a magical winter wonderland throughout the months of November and December. We encourage you to plan well ahead, too, as Duluth is usually pretty busy at this time of year! Book a room at Duluth’s top-rated Bed and Breakfast, the A.G. Thomson House, today.
Immersed in Bentleyville Tour of Lights
The glow of 5-million holiday lights is once again descending upon Duluth for the holidays. The annual display of lights at Benleyvile, which covers a span of 20 acres at Duluth’s Bayfront Festival Park and is one of Minnesota’s largest events, has proven delightful for generations of visitors. 2020 marks the 17th year of this incredible show, which has grown in size from its early beginnings.
Bentleyville Tour of Lights will once again be bringing people together in 2020 – all the while safely keeping them apart and respecting proper distancing for the health and safety of everyone in Duluth. The Bentleyville Tour of Lights will open to the public on November 21st for drive-through tours and will run through December 27th.
The event was traditionally a walk-through event, but this year it will be limited to a drive-through experience only. As usual, it will be operating from 5-9 pm Sunday – Thursday, and from 5-10 pm on Friday and Saturday. Even with all the changes, we still expect a spectacular event that will delight the hundreds of thousands of people that come each year.
Admission to 2020’s Bentleyville Tour of Lights is just $10 per vehicle. You’re also encouraged to bring food and toy donations, which will go to the Salvation Army and spread out to those in need in 7 communities in Northern Minnesota and Wisconsin.
More to do in Duluth This Winter
Of course, visiting the incredible Bentleyville Tour of Lights isn’t the only reason to visit Duluth this winter. Having once been voted Outdoor Magazines “Best Town Ever,” it should come as no surprise that Duluth is a veritable winter wonderland, especially for those who love adventure-filled days in the outdoors! By no means does cold, wintry weather mean the stop to fun in Duluth. Here are just a few of our favorite things to do in the winter:
- There are more than 60 km of cross country ski trails in Duluth, including Lester Park, Hartley Nature Center, Mangey-Snively Park, Spirit Mountain, and Snowflake Nordic Center.
- There’s exceptional downhill skiing at Spirit Mountain, and after a long summer of closures, we can’t wait to support this incredible ski hill in Duluth.
- There are plenty of places for snowshoers to explore, but one of our favorites is the Superior Hiking Trails. Others include Magney-Snively Park and the Hartley Nature Center.
- In January, join us in celebrating the John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon. At over 400 miles long, this is the longest sled dog race in the ower 48 states.
- Try ice climbing at Gooseberry Falls State Park – it’s the perfect way for rock climbers to practice over the winter.
- As the temperatures continue to drop, keep an eye on the ice conditions and stay on the lookout for shanties on Lake Superior, as both will signal the start to ice fishing season.
Relax and Unwind at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast
The holiday season is always filled with a certain amount of chaos intermixed with the joy and spirit of the season. Let us show you the magic of the holidays in Duluth this year. Whether you’re looking to visit family or just want to get away, join us for a few restful days at our Bed and Breakfast in Duluth. We offer a number of romantic packages and other enhancements, each designed with careful attention to detail to enhance your stay in Duluth.
Let us take care of you in the only way we know how; with exceptional accommodations, mouthwateringly good breakfasts, and warm, welcoming hospitality. Book your room at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast today!