May is all about celebrating our moms. But as June rolls around, it’s time to start thinking about treating that special dad in your life to a special day or two in Duluth, too. Fathers Day is just a month away. Are you looking for the perfect activity to enjoy with that special dad in your life? Look no further! This year, take dad on a brewery tour of Duluth for Fathers Day. Duluth has a long history of crafting and enjoying beer. Today, that history is evident in the abundant local micro breweries and brewpubs in town. Today’s Duluth offers beer-lovers an ever-increasing supply of unique and delicious craft brews, making it the perfect destination to visit this Fathers Day. Add to that a stay at our luxury Inn, and life just doesn’t get much better. Book your room at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast today.
Brewery Tours in Duluth
Duluth informally likes to call itself the craft beer capital of Minnesota, and it’s a title we think is quite fitting. Beer-loving tourists have been flocking to the North Shore for years, searching for their next favorite pint. Here’s a tried and true list of Duluth’s best breweries:
- Hoops Brewing, located in the popular Canal Park neighborhood, was started by master brewer Dave Hoops, who used to head up Fitger’s Brewhouse. It’s a stunning, 250-seat brewhouse, and is a true beer-lovers destination.
- Earth Rider Brewing Company in Superior is a new 2-barrel brewhouse & taproom.
- The Lake Superior Brewing Company opened in the early 1990s, and today remains one of the Northland’s oldest production microbreweries currently in operation.
- Canal Park is home to Canal Park Brewery. Their Nut Hatchet Brown Ale won a silver medal at the 2014 World Cup Beer Awards.
- Blacklist Artisan Ales, a relative newcomer to the Duluth scene, offers an incredible range of small-batch brews.
- Bent Paddle Brewing Co. has proven to be wildly popular on the craft beer scene in Duluth.
- Tycoon’s Alehouse is a Duluth landmark. The building used to house the Duluth City Hall. Today, its turn-of-the-century charm serves up great beer from another Duluth staple, Fitger’s Brewhouse.
- Borealis Fermentery is one of the most interesting breweries in the state. Their beer can be found at a variety of places around Duluth, including Duluth’s secret Speakeasy, The Rathskeller. Our favorite place to drink a bottle is during lunch or dinner at the New Scenic Cafe.
- Before you leave town, fill up a growler or two from Castle Danger Brewery in Two Harbors.
If you’re dad is into other spirits, he may just want to head to Vikre Distillery, located in Duluth’s Canal Park neighborhood. Just minutes from the iconic Aerial Lift Bridge, the Vikre Distillery and cocktail room is a wonderful place to pop in for a cocktail. They also offer daily tours of the distillery at 5:30pm. Their cocktail room menu changes periodically, but always features a different blend of cocktails, and of course, a tasting flight of their most popular spirits.
If you’d rather let someone else do all of the planning, the The Duluth Experience has you covered. They have excellent brewery tours available throughout the year, which can be booked when you make a reservation at our Inn. Give dad a Fathers Day he’ll never forget. Book your room at the A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast today.