As we continue sailing straight on through summer, it’s time to get out on the water in beautiful Duluth, Minnesota. Lake Superior, the largest freshwater lake in the world, offers visitors more than extraordinary sunsets. Its invitingly clear blue water, and on its edges rocky cliffs and pristine forests, make for a truly scenic boating paradise. Along these beautiful shores you’ll find the sporty town of Duluth. Duluth is a city unlike any other that you’ve been to before. It is a virtual paradise for outdoor enthusiasts, and has long been a popular destination for those seeking a getaway into Mother Nature. With 6,834 acres of city parkland, 178 miles of wooded trails, 16 designated trout streams, in addition to the miles of fun to be had on Lake Superior, it’s no wonder to us that Duluth was named Outside Magazine’s “Best Town Ever”. Spend some time on the waters around Duluth this summer. Boating is a perfect way to relax and unwind. Book your room at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast today.
Boating Trips Around Duluth
There are several ways to get out and enjoy the expanses of Lake Superior. From Stand-up Paddle Boarding and Kayaking, to sailing excursions and scenic cruises, pick your favorite way to enjoy the water this summer. There are several experienced guides in the area if you’re new to these boating sports, of if you just want a friendly face to take you to the best places. Time spent on the water will feel like the perfect balance between adventure, exercise, and relaxation. Your journey will no doubt take you past ocean going ships, historic lighthouses, stunning sea cliffs and abundant wildlife. Here are just a few clever ideas that will make planning your boating trip in Duluth easier:
- Get out and kayak Duluth’s many waterways. At the A G Thomson House, we have teamed up with The Duluth Experience to offer our guests the perfect package deal, which includes an incredible kayaking adventure. This summer, join them on a beautiful paddle on Lake Superior, with your final destination being the beautiful Glensheen Mansion, and their lively summer concert series. The Duluth Experience also offers other unique and exciting kayak tours around the Duluth area that are worth checking out, including a sunset paddle and a night experience.
- Try out the newest water craze, and SUP on the North Shore. Standup Paddle Boarding, otherwise known as SUPing, has become an increasingly popular water sport on Lake Superior and around the country. Northshore SUP offers rentals, classes, guided tours, and more.
- If you want to sit back and enjoy a scenic sail on Lake Superior, a sailboat is the way to go. Amicus Adventure Sailing to offers two different boating packages; a day and evening sail. Both trips last approximately 2 hours, and offer a special glimpse into the beautiful waters of Lake Superior.
- Join Day Tripper of Duluth on their one-of-a-kind Paddle and Pint Tour. The Paddle and Pint Tour will take you along the shores of Lake Superior towards Canal Park, where you’ll enjoy spectacular views of ships passing under Duluth’s famous Aerial Lift Bridge. Afterwards, you’ll enjoy a pint of locally crafted beer at Sir Benedict’s Tavern on the Lake (fondly known as Sir Ben’s), or a cocktail at Vikre Distillery.
- Vista Fleet also offers beautiful Lake Superior and Harbor Cruises, perfect for a little sightseeing on the North Shore of Lake Superior. They offer a variety of interesting cruises, including dinner and brunch cruises.
- Finally, if you enjoy the sights of sailboats on the water but prefer to stay dry on land, there’s something especially for you. The Duluth Yacht Club puts on a Wednesday Night Sailboat Race every Saturday. The best place from which to watch these weekly regattas is the historic courtyard at Fitgers Brewhouse
These boating adventures are a wonderful way to experience the magic of Duluth. Don’t wait too long to book your room at our luxurious Bed and Breakfast in Duluth; rooms go quickly during the summer. We look forward to helping you plan your next boating adventure.