If there’s one thing to say about winter in Duluth, it’s that it’s a winter wonderland. There are so many wonderful things to do in Duluth this winter, and our Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place from which to launch your adventure! While, yes, it certainly gets cold outside along the shores of Lake Superior, winter is actually a favorite season for many locals and visitors to the Duluth area!
Just like there are so many fun activities to enjoy this winter, there are many places to stay as well! However, there’s one choice for lodging that stands out from all the rest, and that is our Bed and Breakfast in Duluth MN. The A. G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast is a small, luxurious Inn with 7 well-appointed guest rooms, exceptional hospitality, and a range of amenities fit for even the most discerning of travelers. We’d be more than happy to host you this winter and guide you to the very best of things to do in Duluth! Book your room at our luxury Duluth Bed and Breakfast today!
The BEST Things to do in Duluth in Winter
Are you ready to bundle up and have a fun adventure this winter? There’s nowhere better than Duluth! It can definitely get bone-chillingly cold up here, especially as the winds whip up off Lake Superior. But, if you bundle up properly, witnessing the magical winter wonderland that is Duluth will be an unforgettable experience. There are so many incredible things to do in Duluth in the winter!
Once thoroughly covered in snow (and ice), the parks here are perfect for skiing, snowboarding, tubing, skating, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, and more. There is a minimum of 67 kilometers of trails groomed by the city of Duluth, all spread out between several different parks. There are miles upon miles of winter hiking (aka snowshoeing), along with plenty of trails for snowmobiles. And, of course, we’d be remiss to mention popular ski areas like Spirit Mountain Recreation area.
Let’s just say there is no shortage of fun to be had in Duluth. Unlike other popular summer getaways, it doesn’t shut down in the winter, either! And, the best part about all of this is relaxing at our luxury Bed and Breakfast in Duluth, which isn’t too far from downtown, where you’ll enjoy the best craft beers and dining our city has to offer. As you plan for the winter ahead, here are 8 of our favorite things to do in Duluth:
- Skiing is one of the most popular winter activities in all of Duluth, and with great areas like Spirit Mountain and the Chester Bowl right here in town, it’s no wonder why! If you’re willing to travel a bit more, there’s also great skiing outside of Duluth at Lutsen Mountain.
- Speaking of skiing, cross country skiing is easily one of the most popular things to do in Duluth during the winter. We mentioned there are at least 67 kilometers of nordic trails groomed by the city each year, including the following trails: Magney Snively Trail, Hartley Park, Piedmont Trail, Lester-Amity Trails, and Chester Park. There’s another 15 over at Spirit Mountain’s Snowflake Nordic Center, not to mention the many Minnesota State Parks nearby!
- Hiking is a year-round adventure in Duluth, too! Just, in the winter, you’ll need to make sure to have a pair of snowshoes strapped to your feet! The 43 miles of the Superior Hiking Trail are an excellent place to start, but it’s a wide-open world for hikers in Duluth. There’s quite possibly no better way to experience the solitude of winter than snowshoeing through the forest.
- While the outside offers plenty of fun things to do in Duluth, there’s plenty of fun to be had inside, too. For example, spend a day hopping from craft brewery to craft brewery, and enjoy tasting one of Duluth’s most popular products.
- Bring your snowmobile up north with you, and head out deep into the heart of the forests surrounding Duluth for an unforgettable day speeding through this stunning winter wonderland. There are plenty of snowmobile trails to enjoy!
- How about a little dogsledding? You can try the adventure for yourself, or you can watch the magic unfold during the John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon in January.
- Mountain biking one of the most popular things to do in Duluth in the summer, so is it surprising to find out that fat tire biking is just as popular in Duluth in the winter? There are some great trails at Spirit Mountain in Duluth, which are lift fed, but of course many other great trails suitable for biking around town.
- Last but not least this season, make sure to leave enough time to relax and unwind in luxury at our Bed and Breakfast in Duluth, all but forgetting about the cold, snowy world that lies just outside our door.
The Best Bed and Breakfast in Duluth MN
Apart from offering luxury appointments in our guest rooms and a delicious breakfast each morning of your stay, our Bed and Breakfast in Duluth is well-situated in the heart of Duluth. You can be at many of the town’s most popular attractions, including Spirit Mountain Recreation Area and Chester Bowl, within just minutes.
We offer a number of packages and enhancements that you can add to your stay as well, in order to make the most of your getaway. Whether you’re here to celebrate a romantic occasion or just enjoy a much-needed change of scenery, rest assured that our small Inn is a safe and welcoming space to stay. Book your room at the A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast in Duluth MN Today!