Hiking is easily one of the best ways to get out and experience the beauty of Duluth. Did you know winter hiking is just about as easy and great as it is the rest of the year? Sure, it gets cold outside, and you’ll definitely need to have a pair of snowshoes on and proper attire – but winter hiking trails in Duluth are breathtakingly beautiful and certainly worth the effort!
The best part about getting outside and exploring the vast array of winter hiking trails in Duluth MN is coming back to our Bed and Breakfast, where you’ll enjoy cozy comfort, luxurious appointments, and friendly service. We pride ourselves on the guest experience here, and it shows in our consistently rave reviews from our guests, an overwhelming amount of which are 5-star reviews.
Moreover, the A G Thomson House is the best and only Duluth Bed and Breakfast to be named a Trip Advisor Traveler’s Choice Award Winner for 10 consecutive years. We’d love to take care of you this winter, and give you a chance to enjoy a safe but welcoming change of scenery – and we’d also love to share the very best of Duluth with you. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast in Duluth MN today!
The Best Winter Hiking Trails in Duluth MN
There’s no need for cold weather to stop you from getting outside and enjoying some restorative time in nature. Bundle up, strap on a pair of snowshoes (you can rent some locally if you don’t have your own), and head out to experience the quiet solitude of the winter hiking trails in Duluth MN. Truly, there is nothing more beautiful, relaxing, or inspiring. Your options are nearly limitless, too.
There are 43 miles of winter hiking on the Superior Hiking Trail alone, not to mention the other incredible parks and trail networks around Duluth! Beyond just exploring this incredible part of Duluth, here are a few more of our recommended winter hiking trails in Duluth MN:
- Jay Cooke State Park – The Thompson Trail is a great choice here. It is a moderate hike that will guide you through some of Minnesota’s most beautiful wilderness. It also gives you a chance to visit the parks famous swinging bridge.
- Tettagouche State Park – The High Falls Trail here is magical in the winter months. The blanket of snow and the peaceful silence of the park in winter have a way of carrying your stress and worries away.
- Hartley Nature Center
- Try the Upper Falls Trails at Gooseberry Falls State Park – you’ll be rewarded with views of this frozen waterfall.
- The Lester-Amity Park trail network is a great place not just for cross country skiing, but for winter hiking as well. Just stay off the groomed ski trails and walk on the side as necessary.
- The Hawks Ridge Nature Reserve also offers a wonderful network of winter hiking trails in Duluth MN – and the best part is they are right in the city limits!
- Visit one of Duluth’s most photographed attractions and snowshoe around Split Rock Lighthouse State Park. They even offer winter snowshoe trips via candlelight, which is an experience like no other.
- Explore Park Point on snowshoe, and enjoy some sensational views of Duluth in the winter from there.
For even more ideas for some of the best winter hiking trails in Duluth MN, consider this snowshoeing guide from Midwest Weekends.
Escape to our Bed and Breakfast in Duluth MN
Whether you plan to take a short snowshoeing trip in Duluth or spend several hours out in the snow, make sure you are dressed in plenty of warm layers with the proper attire, and keep an eye on snow and weather conditions. Winter in Duluth can be brutal, but it’s nothing if you’re properly prepared to enjoy the elements. Bundled up properly, we’re sure you’ll enjoy a day you won’t soon forget tromping around Duluth’s winter wonderland.
When it’s time to warm up, put your feet up and relax in front of the fireplace at our Bed and Breakfast in Duluth MN. Each of our 7 guest rooms comes appointed with a gas fireplace, and offers the perfect blend of cozy luxury; exactly what you’ll want after a chilly day exploring the great outdoors! There’s nothing quite like the North Shore in the winter – come explore some of the best winter hiking trails in Duluth MN with us this year. Book your room at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast today!