One of the best things to do in Duluth is take a cruise with Vista Fleet. They offer sightseeing and dinner cruises daily. You’ll find these options highly entertaining, as well as informative. It’s a fantastic way to see the beauty of Lake Superior up-close. Aboard a boat on the water, the scenery is breathtaking, from lighthouses peppering the shore and mansions along the bluffs, to the gorgeous groves of trees and plant life. We really recommend taking one of the tours with Vista Fleet on your vacation here!
Vista Fleet has been serving the Duluth area for more than 60 years. The company has two vessels: The Vista Star which holds up to 220 passengers and the smaller Vista Queen that takes up to 50 guests. The ships run from early spring into the fall, and the tours are diverse. On a sightseeing tour you’ll see the historic Aerial Lift Bridge and Canal Park, as well as many other iconic landmarks. On the dinner cruises, you’ll take in the sights while enjoying gourmet meals and cocktails.
As a guest at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast you’ll be in the perfect location to enjoy a cruise from Vista Fleet. Our Inn is just under a 10 minute drive from the launching dock for Vista Fleet in Canal Park. We often have guests returning from their sailing and they are radiant from the excitement and experience. Visitors always love to head on back to our Inn for an evening nightcap out in the garden or the privacy of their own suite. Book your room today and start planning your getaway to Duluth!
Sightseeing from the Water with Vista Fleet in Duluth MN
Since Vista Fleet has been operating on Lake Superior for so many years, they really know their way around the lake. You’ll also find cruise options with anything from live bluegrass and barbecue to sightseeing tours with homemade pizza. If you’re looking for a more romantic selection, we recommend the Sunset Dinner Cruise catered by Bellisio’s, a favorite Italian spot in town.
Here are six tour options that are not to miss by Vista Fleet:
Vista Fleet Sightseeing Tour Options:
- Duluth Waterfront Tour: This is the ultimate starter’s tour with the insiders guide to the Duluth Waterfront. Board the Vista Star for a 75-minute narrated tour of the area.
- Grand Sightseeing Tour: For a in-depth look at Lake Superior and the surrounding iconic landmarks, this is the best tour, especially for history buffs and ship enthusiasts. Do forget to grab a panoramic shot of the shoreline and Duluth Harbor.
- Lake Superior Express Tour: If you’d like to grab a quick tour of the lake, but have other plans to fit in, this is the best tour with Vista Fleet. The 45 minute ride gives you a brief history of the area and just enough time to feel like you’ve taken in the view.
Vista Fleet Dining and Specialty Cruises:
- Sunset Dinner Cruise: This is the most romantic tour provided by Vista Fleet. Enjoy and evening on the waters of Lake Superior with your special someone. Catered by local Italian spot Bellisio’s, on the two hour tour you’ll dine on delicious food, wine, and watch the sunset.
- Pizza Sightseeing Tour: Pizza makes everything more fun! On this narrated tour, you’ll take in the sights of the Duluth waterfront and harbor. Handmade pizza and soda is provided.
- Bluegrass and Barbecue Tour: If you happen to be staying at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast mid-week, this unique cruise takes place each Wednesday. Pair live bluegrass music with traditional midwest barbecue plates.
Head on over to the Vista Fleet website for more details, sailing times, and reservations, here. As always, we’re happy to help arrange outings or answer any questions you might have at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast.
Charming Suites with Luxury Touches at Our Duluth B&B
Each of our seven guest suites has it’s own special touches with unique decor and amenities. All rooms are tailored to relaxation from the soaking tubs and gas fireplaces to the cozy linens and fluffy robes. You’ll feel a sense of calm and comfort from the minute you check in to the minute you check out. We aim to make each stay here exactly what you’re looking for. Whether that be a solo retreat to reset, a special couples getaway with romance in mind, or time to explore the sights of our beautiful city of Duluth.
It’s no surprise that our Duluth Bed and Breakfast is always one of the top rated place to stay on Trip Advisor. We often have guests return year after year, making our Inn part of their yearly traditions for a relaxing getaway. You’ll also be so impressed with all of the things there are to do in Duluth. Check our availability and book your next stay today!