Our Duluth Bed and Breakfast is set on a beautiful two-acre piece of land surrounded by perfectly maintained gardens. It’s a lovely space to enjoy during the day in the dappled sunshine or in the evening under the twinkling stars. The gardens serve as a gorgeous backdrop for a romantic getaway for two. There has been many a proposal on this property! We also happen to be a popular spot for elopements and have some amazing packages for these intimate ceremonies.
Beautiful white hydrangeas and lilacs greet you as you walk up our stone steps to the front door. Our Duluth Bed and Breakfast is a historic 1909 Dutch Colonial house in the Congdon Mansion district, which overlooks the majestic Lake Superior. The spacious layout creates an abundance of privacy and little nooks and crannies for a quiet, romantic moment. We often bring the beauty of the garden inside with bright bouquets of fresh cut flowers.
As a guest at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast you’ll have access to the garden grounds on your stay. You’ll love having your morning coffee in the gazebo surrounded by flowers and birdsong. In the evening find a comfy chair under the pergola with your favorite person and a glass of wine. It’s the perfect place to reignite romance, create lasting memories, and fully relax. Join us this summer for a special romantic getaway to Duluth MN. Start by checking our availability and book today!
Enjoy the Beautiful Garden at Our Duluth Bed and Breakfast
While on your stay at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast, you’ll want to head out into the city for dining and shopping. You’ll also be surrounded by hiking trails, beaches along Lake Superior, and state parks. There’s so much to do out and about, but we also like to point out the amazing options for staying in. Which is sometimes the best plan for a romantic adventure together.
Here are the best things to do at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast on your stay:
- Take a Stroll through our Gardens: You’ll just love walking through our beautiful grounds among the roses, hanging baskets, hydrangeas and fragrant flocks. On any given sunny day, there’s birds and butterflies to watch and lots of comfortable spaces to sit and relax.
- Join us for Breakfast: Each morning we provide a gourmet brunch-style breakfast. It’s our favorite meal of the day! The menu changes daily and with the seasons, but expect to find dishes like baked eggs and caprese salad, freshly baked chocolate chunk scones, or creamy O’Brien potatoes.
- Soak in the Whirlpool Tub: In many of our guest suite, you’ll find a double whirlpool tub in the room near the sleeping area. This adds such a romantic element to any stay with us. It truly feels like you have your own spa right in your room.
- Cozy up by the Fire: Whether in the common sitting room, your own guest suite, or outdoors you’ll find a crackling fire to cuddle up by with a glass of wine. It’s the perfect end to a busy day out in Duluth or on the Lake Superior Trail.
- Bubbly Breakfast Delivery: If you’d rather enjoy your breakfast in bed, we do that too! Look at our special packages for direct delivery and add on our mimosa package. Pop those bubbles and stay in your PJs for as long as you like.
- Take a Nap in the Hammock: Maybe after a morning of mimosas, you’ll really want an afternoon rest. Thankfully, our hammock out in the garden is the perfect spot to sway the afternoon away for peace and quiet.
- A Nightcap in the Gazebo: Our Duluth Bed and Breakfast is all about relaxation, and taking a nightcap in the gazebo is the ultimate way to do that. Lit by twinkling lights and the moon, you can star gaze and sit with your special someone until it’s time to retire to your private room.
Romance for Two at Our Duluth Bed and Breakfast
At our Duluth Bed and Breakfast we understand how important the little details are on a special getaway for two. Whether it’s two fluffy robes, a bottle of bubbly, or an elegant plate of chocolate covered strawberries, on a stay with us, you can treat yourself. Our beautiful guest suites are the ideal setting for a vacation for two. Comfortable beds with luxury linens, sitting areas with fireplaces, and double whirlpool tubs serve for cozy nights in.
Our six luxurious guest suites are split between our main house and the renovated carriage house. Each has its own unique decor and set of amenities, but all are suited for a special romantic getaway. We often recommend the Lake Superior Suite for the most romance, where you’ll find a private deck with gas fire table, double whirlpool tub as well as a large walk-in shower, and a perfectly dressed king size bed. We can’t wait to host you! Book your next stay today.