Thankfully, if feels like dining out is back on the menu these days! While indoor seating is available again, summer is the best time to visit these Duluth restaurants with outdoor seating. You can’t beat dinner and drinks al fresco with the amazing views of Lake Superior and the Aerial Lift Bridge. Or quiet sidewalk seating in urban green spaces and fun, communal beer garden areas. Duluth restaurants host some of the best culinary talent in the Midwest. You’ll find a range of cuisines from new American to international delights.
If you’re looking for a romantic dinner for two, there’s a great selection for fine dining, even within walking distance of our Duluth Bed and Breakfast. Duluth is a coffee and beer lover’s paradise, so there’s a plethora of brewpubs and cafes to get those fixes. We’re also known in Duluth for barbecue and farm-to-table-style dining, so be sure to check out some of these Duluth restaurants that specialize in those areas.
Of course, as a guest at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast we invite you to enjoy our gourmet brunch-style breakfasts served each and every morning. Our elevated comfort food menu changes daily and seasonally. We use local and organic ingredients whenever possible. You can enjoy the private, pristine grounds outdoors and take your morning meal outside on our Veranda, in our Gazebo or Pergola, or head inside to our sun-drenched dining room, reserve a private table in the living room, or have it delivered right to your door. Breakfast in bed is one of life’s little luxuries. Check our availability today and book your next getaway to Duluth MN with us!
Come Explore Dining at these Popular Duluth Restaurants
Dining out at Duluth restaurants is one of the best things to plan on when on vacation in Minnesota. It’s fun to explore the local flavors, trends, and check out the talent of our chefs. As an international port city, we are a mixing pot of cultures and perspectives. Which is the perfect seasoning for creative menus and dishes. As always, the staff at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast will be happy to help with recommendations or set up reservations.
Here are 10 of the best Duluth restaurants for outdoor dining this summer:
- New Scenic Cafe: While the location called New Scenic Cafe is still not currently offering service, they are operating Scenic 61. An airstream serving up a street food menu of tacos, burgers, and sandwiches. They use the cafe location as their home base for now, until the time comes for the restaurant to reopen.
- The Boat Club: A Duluth favorite located on the lower level of the Fitger’s complex on Superior Street. The Boat Club has sweeping views of Lake Superior and outdoor dining options during the warmer months. Their Chef is incredible with features of seafood, pasta, steak and more that will leave you in awe.
- Lake Avenue Restaurant and Bar: This Duluth restaurant is located in Canal Park in the historic DeWitt-Seitz Marketplace. Grab a coveted spot on their patio for share plates, creative cocktails, and Italian-leaning entrees.
- Va Bene Caffe: For amazing lake views from the grotto or indoor solarium seating area head to this Duluth restaurant. You’ll find fresh and authentic Italian dishes made with local and seasonal ingredients.
- Amazing Grace Bakery and Cafe: Also located in the DeWitt-Seitz building, this small market has delicious sandwiches and picnic-style options. Take your order to go and find a quiet spot in Canal Park.
- At Sarah’s Table Chester Creek Cafe: For comfort food to the max, hit this casual Duluth restaurant for breakfast all day, sandwiches, scratch made soups, and salads. Save room for home made pie!
- Canal Park Brewing: There’s a fantastic patio space with panoramic lake views at this local brewery. Making this one of the best places in Duluth for a pint! They also offer a large food selection, including some midwestern favorites like fried cheese curds, Wisconsin-made Bavarian pretzels, and beer cheese soup.
- Tavern on the Hill: Plan on a visit to this festive outdoor patio for fun fusion food, cocktails, and great happy hour specials daily. Come with an appetite and don’t miss the bang bang cauliflower or the spicy shrimp tacos.
- Fitger’s Brewhouse: The wild rice burgers are worth a visit to Minnesota’s oldest brewpub alone, but the beer is pretty good too! Grab a spot outside and enjoy.
- Mexico Lindo: For a tasty margarita (or a pitcher!) with a view of Lake Superior and the Aerial Lift Bridge, head to this Duluth restaurant for authentic Mexican fare.
- OMC Smokehouse: Check out Minnesota barbecue and snag a spot near the fire pit to eat up some smoked meat. They take a global approach to their BBQ and that shows in their creative homemade sauces.
Amazing Dining Options at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast
For a perfect morning at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast, join us in the dining room for an amazing brunch spread. Our menu changes daily, but some of the past favorites are Amaretto French toast, arugula caprese salad, and wild rice quiche. Food and cooking is important to us. We love to dine out and are always on the pulse of the new and interesting restaurants around town. So please ask for recommendations while staying with us!
On a stay at our Duluth Inn you’ll find only the best amenities. Enjoy our beautiful garden grounds with lovely spaces to relax in the hammock or gazebo. Inside the A G Thomson House, each room has its own special touch. But all rooms offer complete comfort with high end linens, spa baths, and gas fireplaces. We can’t wait to host you. Book your stay today!