Let’s take a few minutes and talk about the DECC in Duluth, otherwise known as the Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center. It seems that we spend a good majority of the year trying to convince you to visit Duluth, and once you’re here spend the majority of your time adventuring in the great outdoors. And, of course, we will always encourage outdoor adventure, even during the depths of winter. There’s plenty of great downhill skiing and snowboarding, fat tire biking, cross country skiing, hockey-playing, and snowmobiling around Duluth, and we’d be remiss not to mention it.
But what about those days where you want to stay indoors? What do you do in Duluth then? Well, there’s a lot to choose from, but you can’t go wrong with a night out at the DECC. Book your room at the A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast this fall, and discover another side of Duluth with us.
10 Things to Look Forward to at the DECC in Duluth
The Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center, fondly coined the DECC, is Duluth’s premier entertainment destination. Whether you’re looking to cheer on a local hockey team, attend a conference, listen to the symphony, watch a broadway show, or take in a concert, the DECC is the place to be. Better yet, the DECC is just steps away from the Canal Park District, which offers plenty of shops and restaurants, in addition to panoramic views of the Aerial Lift Bridge and the Duluth Harbor.
There is a lot happening in Duluth this fall, but here are 10 things to look forward to at the DECC before 2019’s over:
- UMD Men’s and Women’s Hockey Games, multiple games in October, November, and December.
- Menopause the Musical, on October 20, 2019.
- Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra’s A Night at the Movies, October 26, 2019.
- The Duluth Junk Hunt on November 1 & 2, 2019.
- The Junior League Festival of Trees, November 16 & 17, 2019.
- The Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra’s A Night at the Opera, November 23, 2019.
- Jeff Dunham on December 4, 2019.
- The Arrowhead Ice Fishing and Winter Show, December 13 – 15, 2019.
- Minnesota Ballet’s The Nutcracker, December 13 – 15.
- Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra’s The Music of Rocky Horror, on December 31, 2019.
The Best Lodging in Duluth
Whether you’re in town for skiing or hockey, or whether you’ve come for some romantic time away or just to visit, you’ll find that the comfortable accommodations and delicious breakfasts at the A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast in Duluth are simply the best. Our guest rooms are elegant and inviting and offer the finest in modern amenities. Our breakfast is served fresh each morning and can be made to satisfy most dietary restrictions, including vegetarian and vegan. We also have a number of enhancements you can add to your stay to make your time in Duluth that much better. We really are here to serve you and make your stay the best it can be. See how we can help, and book a room at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast today.