If you’re looking for great craft breweries near Duluth, you’re in luck! There are several great ones, including Blacklist Brewing in Duluth. Though there are plenty of great places to grab a craft beer or cocktail in Duluth, Blacklist Duluth is actually one of our favorite places to go. Not only do they have an incredible selection of beer in their 20-barrel taproom, which has been open since 2016, but they are also the local destination for Axe-throwing. If you haven’t yet been, we recommend you rush on down to Blacklist Duluth as soon as you can!
While you’re here, make sure you relax and unwind with us at the A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast, rated the #1 Bed and Breakfast in Duluth. With luxury appointments, high-end amenities, and exceptional service, you won’t find any better lodging in Duluth. If you do choose to embark on the beer-laden adventure outlined below, you may want to consider booking our Hair of the Dog Package – designed to help you maximize your fun and relaxation! Book your room at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast today!
A Delicious Afternoon at Blacklist in Duluth
Blacklist Brewing in Duluth is located on Superior Street, and it is situated inside a 3-story 108-year-old Brownstone. The historic building is located near the newly renovated NorShore Theater, Zeitgeist Arts Cafe, and several of Duluth’s best restaurants. With the influx of great businesses like Blacklist Brewing, this neighborhood has seen an incredible revival. Blacklist Duluth is a great place to grab a beer or two before enjoying dinner and a performance at one of downtown Duluth’s incredible performance venues.
Blacklist Duluth is best known for its delicious Belgian-style craft beer, but don’t let that seeming simplicity stop you from visiting. There is plenty of creativity when it comes to their craft beers. Like most other craft breweries in Duluth, their beers are only brewed with water from Lake Superior, which is, at least in part, what makes Duluth such an incredible place for great beer! Their best-selling beer is their Belgian IPA, which really is the best of two worlds. They also offer a delicious hand-crafted hard seltzer if that’s more your style.
While throwing back a pint of their deliciously smooth craft beer is reason enough to visit Blacklist in Duluth, it’s not the only reason. It might not even be our favorite reason! Blacklist Brewing in Duluth also just so happens to be the first place in Duluth to offer the exciting and rapidly growing sport of axe throwing!
If you’re not yet in the know, axe throwing has become increasingly popular in bars around the world – it’s actually considered to be the most cutting-edge bar sports around (pun intended). Whether you have a competitive drive or not, it’s actually a really fun way to spend an afternoon – especially if the weather isn’t fully cooperating with your vacation plans outdoors.
Get Your Craft Brew On! 11 More Stops to Make
Craft Breweries have actually been a staple of life here in Duluth since the 1990s, with the opening of Lake Superior Brewing and the eventual rebirth of Fitgers Brewhouse leading the way. The chance to visit these craft breweries near Duluth is actually a pretty big draw to the area, sometimes eclipsing that of Duluth’s exhilarating outdoors scene.
There are 8 breweries in Duluth, including Blacklist Brewing, and a handful more in the nearby towns of Superior & Two Harbors, but there are at least 11 stops you’ll want to make to get a real appreciation for Duluth.
- Bent Paddle Brewing joined the craft beer scene in Duluth in 2013, and they’ve been steadily growing their brand since then. You can take a tour of The Bent Tap, their official taproom, every Saturday and Sunday.
- The history of Fitgers Brewhouse dates back to the 1850s. It’s an icon among Duluth breweries and a must-see on your list!
- If the beer from Canal Park Brewing wasn’t reason enough to visit their taproom (it is), their outdoor patio and view of Lake Superior certainly would be.
- Hoops Brewing is one of the newest Duluth breweries, and they have a taproom in the Canal Park area. Their selection of beer is the second-largest in the state!
- Pick up a “comfort beer” from Ursa Minor Brewery – it won’t take long to see what they mean by that.
- Thirsty Pagan Brewing is in nearby Superior and definitely worth the trip up north, especially if you love all things sour.
- Castle Danger Brewery is in Two Harbors. They offer plenty of great beer of course, but their classic Cream Ale has garnered a huge following all over Minnesota.
- Earth Rider Brewery has two different locations; one in Superior, and the other in Two Harbors. Either one is a win for the avid beer lover who wants to sample as much as possible!
- It’s not a brewery, but you really must head to Duluth Cider to give their ciders a try. It was recently named one of the top 3 cideries in the state.
- Another delicious cidery, located in Duluth’s Lincoln Park Craft neighborhood, is Wild State Cider.
- A list of places to grab a great drink would not be complete without mention of Vikre Distillery. They produce some of the most delicious craft spirits around using foraged and wild botanicals from the Northwoods and local grains – making their spirits a true reflection of the Duluth area.
Discover the Best Bed and Breakfast in Duluth MN
All of this beer drinking is going to take you a few days, at least – but it will certainly be a few very fun and tasty days! In between your beer-drinking adventures, soak up the cozy atmosphere at our luxurious Bed and Breakfast in Duluth. Our Inn offers seven beautifully appointed, classic guest rooms with all the modern amenities you crave, including a King or Queen bed, private bathrooms (six with a two-person whirlpool and all with showers), fireplaces, luxurious bed and linens, and so much more.
In the morning, wake up to our gourmet, made-from-scratch breakfast. We offer a sumptuous, homemade, multi-course, candlelit breakfast for you to savor – there’s no doubt you’ll leave our table feeling full and satisfied, and ready to take on whatever it is you have in store for the day. We are happy to accommodate dietary restrictions, including vegetarians and vegans, with advance noticed and whenever possible. Book your getaway to our unbeatable Bed and Breakfast in Duluth today!