It’s been a big year for us as far as accolades go! We took two wins in the “Minnesota’s Best” yearly contest put on by the Star Tribune. The AG Thomson House took gold as the “Best Bed and Breakfast” and the “Best Romantic Getaway” in all of Minnesota. We couldn’t be more honored to be recognized by our local guests, previous visitors, and the readers of the Star Tribune for these awards. For those of you who might be planning a romantic getaway to Duluth, come stay with us. You’ll see very quickly why we took the top honors.
From the minute you arrive at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast you’ll see why couples often choose us as their lodging for a romantic getaway in Duluth. Our quiet and private Inn is located on a beautiful two-acres surrounded by gardens and other stately homes. Our seven guest suites all offer high end amenities from luxury linens, big cozy beds, fireplaces, and in-room Jacuzzi tubs. All the rooms exude a romantic air. It’s no wonder our Duluth Bed and Breakfast has been the location for numerous marriage proposals, elopements, vow renewals, and wedding ceremonies.
There are also so many romantic things to do in Duluth right nearby. If you’re a couple who enjoys the outdoors, there are hikes and state parks just a short drive from our Inn. If you prefer to spend time together over fine wine and elegant cuisine, the Duluth dining scene is diverse and exciting. Perhaps most importantly for a romantic getaway to Duluth, you’ll want to stay in. Our guest suites offer everything you need for extended time together in private. Book your stay today!
Things to do on a Romantic Getaway in Duluth Minnesota
While spending a lot of time in your guest suite on a romantic getaway in Duluth is a must, you may choose to head out and explore our beautiful area at some point. In the autumn months one of the most romantic things to do is a scenic road trip out to our surrounding state parks for the gorgeous changing of the leaves. The fall foliage in Duluth is just amazing.
Here’s are the 6 most romantic things to do in Duluth on your stay with us:
- Take a relaxing train ride along the North Shore Scenic Railroad. In late September the fall colors will be in full swing and this journey gives you some beautiful views to see together. The Two Harbors Fall Colors Tour is a six hour ride (which an includes a two hour stop for lunch) perfect for a romantic day for two.
- The Glensheen Mansion is worth a visit year round, but in the fall the grounds are particularly pretty as the leaves begin to change. Walk hand in hand as you tour the 39-room house or the spectacular grounds along Lake Superior.
- Hiking in the fresh open air in the forested areas outside of Duluth is one of the most romantic things to do. Especially at Tettegouche State Park, which is home to the tallest waterfall in all of Minnesota. You’ll also find panoramic views of Lake Superior with look-outs for an ideal place to steal a kiss.
- Canal Park in downtown Duluth is just under ten minutes from our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast and you’ll find so many romantic things to do in this historic area. From fine dining with lake views, shopping for gifts and wine, or finding a bench at the park to watch the sunset—couples can fall even more in love here.
- Speaking of fine dining, one of the best places for a romantic dinner for two is The Boat Club. It is a classic, elegant waterfront restaurant with an extensive food and drink menu. You’ll love the selection of local seafood options!
- As we said before, on a romantic getaway to our Duluth Bed and Breakfast, you may just want to stay in! And our Inn is perfect for that. Guest suites offer a relaxing retreat with Jacuzzi tubs en suite, fluffy robes, fireplaces, and full privacy. Check our add-on packages that up the romance factor and make it even more easy to just stay in and enjoy your time together.
Special Packages Up the Romance Factor at Our Duluth B&B
“Flowers and Chocolate” or “Strawberries and Cream” with a bottle of bubbles are just the start of our special add on enhancements to complete your romantic getaway. It’s these small touches that can be waiting for you in room. Continue the extra treats and opt for our “Bubbly Breakfast Delivery” where we bring the mimosas and our gourmet coursed breakfast to you. No need to even change out of your robe!
It’s no surprise that our Duluth Bed and Breakfast has been voted as the Best Romantic Getaway in Minnesota. We love to be a part of guests rekindling or nourishing their relationships together. The AG Thomson house is the perfect back drop for a romantic getaway in Duluth to remember. Check our availability and book today!