The brighter and warmer days of Spring are upon us! We can’t wait to get back outside in the sun and fresh air. Spring is one of the best seasons to explore all of the Minnesota State Parks near Duluth. Our Bed and Breakfast is in the heart of the Congdon Mansion District of Duluth and is centrally located to many of the best Minnesota State Parks. It’s the ideal place to make your home away from home as you adventure into the great outdoors of the midwest.
Duluth is situated on the North Shore of Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes. Just outside of the city, you’ll find the natural and rugged beauty of the Minnesota State Parks. Rushing waterfalls, creeks, swaying bridges and plenty of hiking trails are big draws for a day outside the city. If you love the great outdoors, but also want to be close to fine-dining, breweries and shopping, a vacation in Duluth is the destination for you.
A stay at the A G Thomson House, a luxury Duluth Bed and Breakfast, includes tasty brunch each morning. Either in our elegant (socially distanced) dining room or delivered right to your door for breakfast in bed. There are seven guest suites split between our classic Colonial Inn and Carriage House. Each room is designed with relaxation in mind, from the jetted tubs and tranquil decor. You’ll be excited to get back to the Inn after your adventure exploring the Minnesota State Parks in the area. Make your reservation and start mapping an itinerary for your spring vacation!
Six Great Minnesota State Parks Near Duluth to Visit this Spring
Duluth’s location offers a little something for everyone—a bustling downtown center, lake view parks and rugged nature trails in the outlying areas. Thankfully, you’ll be absolutely flush with activities to choose from! Above all, these Minnesota State Parks are as beautiful as they are diverse. Make sure to take the advice of the MN parks department and purchase your vehicle permit for parking ahead of time, here.
- Tettegouche State Park: This Minnesota State Park is home to the stunning waterfall pictured above. Fortunately, it’s only an hour’s drive with scenic water views of Lake Superior from our Duluth Bed and Breakfast. Hike the Cascade Trail under giant Pines along the Baptism River to take in the beauty of Cascade Falls.
- Split Rock Lighthouse State Park: A historic lighthouse sits atop the craggy cliffs of this nature park on the Lake. You’ll find some of the best views from the rocky shore of Pebble Beach. Check out the 8-miles of maintained trails for fat-biking, a fun way to explore and break a sweat.
- Gooseberry Falls State Park: For even more scenic waterfalls, head to Gooseberry Falls. Historic log and stone structures pepper the main hike. Moreover, bring your binoculars and look closely for native birds. This park is ideal for catching glimpses of woodpeckers, owls and a variety of ducks.
- Jay Cooke State Park: The long Swinging Bridge swaying over the St. Louis River is a big attraction for visitors here. Additionally, look for the other hidden gems, like the Thomson Pioneer Cemetery which dates back to the 1800s and Oldenburg Point.
- Kitchi Gammi State Park: It’s only a 10 minute ride from our B&B to this park surrounding Brighton Beach on Lake Superior. Luckily, grassy lawns and covered bench areas with sweeping lake views are perfect for our picnics to go. Just let us know and we’ll pack it up before you head out.
- Moose Lake State Park: About an hour’s drive Southeast of Duluth, this State Park is a great spot for canoeing and fishing. Hopefully by the time of your visit, exhibits at the Agate Center will have resumed. But there’s much to explore on the East and West sections of the Echo Trail.
Find a Place to Reset and Relax at Our Duluth Bed and Breakfast
After the past year, we all deserve a little rest and relaxation. And with the coming of Spring it just feels like the right time to treat yourself. Spending a long day out in the fresh air of the surrounding Minnesota State Parks will cleanse your soul. However, ending the day with us at our Inn will refuel and nourish you. It’s a lovely space to curl up by the fire with your special someone with a glass of wine and just chill.
Thankfully, our guest suites have everything you need for a relaxing evening in. The Ryerson Suite is particularly inviting after a day of hiking in the woods with top notch amenities. First and foremost, you’ll want to soak your sore muscles in our Aero Massage tub for two. Afterwards, you’ll slip into a cozy robe, climb into our plush King bed and pick your favorite movie on the 42 inch flat screen. Doesn’t that all just sound like a treat? Don’t delay and book your Duluth vacation today!