We’re more than honored to have been voted as the Best Bed and Breakfast in Minnesota by the Star Tribune. The Minnesota’s Best contest happens yearly and winner’s are chosen by the readers. This makes our win as the Best Bed and Breakfast in Minnesota all the more prestigious, because it shows that the locals appreciate all that we do at the AG Thomson house. It’s wonderful to know that our guests come from near and far to relax and reset at our stunning Inn.
On any stay at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast you’ll find that it’s our attention to detail, our high-end amenities, and the care we take into making sure each guest here feels special. Our guest suites are always absolutely pristine. The two-acre garden grounds are manicured and maintained to a tee. Common areas feel like home and comfy chairs beckon you to take a seat and put your feet up by a crackling fire. As the best Bed and Breakfast in Minnesota, these important details will always be a constant on any stay with us.
Our Duluth Bed and Breakfast is also in the ideal location for any stay in Minnesota. The peaceful Historic Congdon Mansion District is our surrounding neighborhood and overlooks the North Shore of Lake Superior. The Inn is nearby all of the best things to do in Duluth as well! You’ll love to head out to explore Canal Park, shopping, dining, and outdoor activities. Make sure to join us for an amazing breakfast menu first before you set out on your adventure. Start planning and book today!
It’s Official: Voted Best Bed and Breakfast in Minnesota!
From the instant you arrive at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast you’ll see why we took the gold for Best Bed and Breakfast in Minnesota. Our seven guest suites are each unique and offer a perfect place for you to rest your head and relax. High end amenities such as whirlpool tubs, fireplaces, complimentary gourmet breakfast, and special add on packages are just the beginning. There’s also so many things to do in Duluth right nearby our Inn!
Here’s a list of some of the best things to do in Duluth on your stay with us:
- Check out the Duluth culinary scene: There are so many amazing restaurants, cocktail bars, and breweries to explore in Duluth. Our city is a melting pot and this usually translates into some awesome culinary talent. Some of our favorite spots to recommend are Bellisio’s Italian, Tavern on the Hill, Va Bene Caffe, and Fitger’s Brewhouse. For more choices, check our list here.
- Stroll through Canal Park: Some of the best views of the historic aerial lift bridge are seen from this park on the shore of Lake Superior. You’ll also find dining options with outdoor seating, plus boutiques and art galleries. Thankfully, Canal Park is less than 10 minutes from our Duluth Bed and Breakfast.
- Split Rock Lighthouse State Park: This Minnesota State Park along the shores of Lake Superior is home to the historic Split Rock Lighthouse. Plan on spending some time here hiking, skip rocks on the pebbly shore, and take a tour of the iconic lighthouse.
- Head out on Lake Superior: Spending a day on the lake either on the shore, or by kayak, or local boat tour is one of the best things to do in Duluth, hands down.
- Tour the Glensheen Mansion: As the most visited mansion in all of Minnesota, you won’t be disappointed by a tour here. The giant 39-room house has been immaculately preserved and serves as a museum to the past. There are a few tour options, even one that includes kayaking for a view of Glensheen from the Lake.
- Join us for Breakfast: We take our breakfast seriously here, so much so, that our menu changes daily and includes an array of seasonal and creative dishes. Let’s say we prefer to classify our morning meal more as “brunch.” If you prefer to have breakfast in bed, that can be arranged!
- Relax in our Garden: Our grounds are open for guests to use around the clock. Relax in our hammock in the shade, find a cozy lawn chair in the garden, or find a spot under the gazebo.
As always, we’re happy to help our guests set their itineraries while staying with us. Just ask! We can make reservations and direct you to all of the best things to do in Duluth.
Enjoy our Garden Grounds on Any Stay with us in Duluth
There is something magical about taking an afternoon to yourself in our backyard, relaxing in the fresh air and dappled sunlight. This is just one more reason why we’ve been acknowledged as the best Bed and Breakfast in Minnesota by the Star Tribune‘s readers. Our Duluth Bed and Breakfast is an ideal location for a quick weekend getaway (even if it’s more of a staycation!). It’s important to pamper yourself even if you can’t plan a big vacation far away.
Our seven guest suites can accommodate any kind of stay, from romantic getaways or girl’s weekends to business trips or solo retreats. The rooms offer privacy and quiet, plus everything you need if you just feel like staying in. Sometimes the best getaways include a cozy robe, a comfy bed, and the remote to fully disconnect from the hectic feeling of everyday life. Check our late summer, early autumn availability and book your room today!