Finding a great place to relax, unwind, and grab a drink in Duluth is a pretty easy thing to do. With such crystal clear water as the foundation of everything we do up here in Duluth, it probably doesn’t come as a surprise that Duluth breweries craft up some of the best beer around, either. This summer, we think Duluth is exactly what you’re looking for in a getaway destination. Join us and find out?
Duluth is absolutely outdoorsy, which lends itself nicely to social distancing. It’s beautiful, too, and a great place to take a deep breath of fresh air – something we could all use more of this summer. There are small and safe places to stay, too, including our Duluth Bed and Breakfast. With just 7 guest rooms, our small property not only has more time to spend on the important details, like keeping our property safe and exceptionally clean for you, but we also have more space for you to spread out, without the worry of breaking that golden 6-foot circle of social distancing. Seek something different this summer, and spend a few days at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast.
9 Duluth Breweries You Don’t Want to Miss
We’ve long supported Duluth breweries, and fervently wish for them to stick around. The crafty and unique flavors that have been flowing from Duluth in recent years have been delicious. So, this summer, we are encouraging all of our guests to support as many local businesses as possible, including those on this list.
The craft beer scene has actually been a fixture on the North Shore since the 1990s, with Lake Superior Brewing and the rebirth of Fitgers Brewhouse leading the way. It’s actually a pretty big draw to the area in its own right, sometimes taking a backseat to the outdoor recreation found virtually everywhere. There are 8 breweries in Duluth, and a handful more in the nearby towns of Superior & Two Harbors.
Here are our favorite Duluth Breweries to visit, plus a few bonus craft beverage stops you really can’t miss.
- Blacklist Brewing Co. has become a local “it spot,” and is definitely one of our favorite Duluth breweries. Not only do they offer excellent beer – with their Belgian-IPA reigning supreme for locals – but they also are the only place in Duluth to offer Axe-Throwing. Sharp blades and beer have never gone so well together.
- Bent Paddle Brewing joined the craft beer scene in Duluth in 2013, and they’ve never looked back. The Bent Tap, their official taproom, is worth the visit, and they offer tours every Saturday and Sunday for you die-hard beer lovers.
- The history of Fitgers Brewhouse dates back to the 1850s. It’s an icon among Duluth breweries, and today their operation produces more than 2,500 barrels of 100 different varieties of brews each year.
- If the beer from Canal Park Brewing wasn’t reason enough to visit their taproom (it is), their outdoor patio and view of Lake Superior certainly would be. They also offer plenty of yard games, which makes it an entertaining place to gather and grab a pint.
- Hoops Brewing is one of the newest Duluth breweries. Their Canal Park taproom houses a massive selection of beer, and in fact, is the second-largest in the state.
- Ursa Minor Brewery likes to call their innovative line of beer “comfort beer.” They have a great selection, and it will be hard for you to choose a favorite.
- Thirsty Pagan Brewing isn’t in Duluth, but it’s in nearby Superior and definitely worthy of your time, especially if you are a lover of sour beers.
- Castle Danger Brewery, up in Two Harbors, is also worth the trip. Among others, their classic Cream Ale has garnered a huge following all over Minnesota. Not only that, but their taproom is situated right on the shores of the Lake.
- Earth Rider Brewery has two different locations; one in Superior, and the other in Two Harbors. They broke Superior’s long draught of breweries, finally producing beer for the region again after a previous closure of the Northern Brewing Company in 1967.
- Craft Cider in the Duluth area is getting just about as much attention as a beer these days, thanks to Duluth Cider. It was recently named one of the top 3 cideries in the state.
- Another delicious cidery, located in Duluth’s Lincoln Park Craft neighborhood, is Wild State Cider.
- Rounding out our delicious of delicious craft drinks in Duluth is Vikre Distillery. They produce some of the most delicious craft spirits around using foraged and wild botanicals from the Northwoods and local grains.
The Best Place to Stay in Duluth
Of course, while you’re here this summer exploring these amazing Duluth breweries, you’ll need someplace comfortable to call home. There are a number of places to stay in Duluth, but none that compare to our historic and luxury Bed and Breakfast. Taking care of our guests and ensuring each and every one of them has an exceptional stay in Duluth is our top priority. Our Inn offers the perfect balance between high-class elegance and relaxed casual comfort.
We offer 7 luxuriously-appointed guest rooms and all of the amenities you could possibly need (plus more). Each morning of your stay starts with an exquisite breakfast, prepared fresh for you each morning in our kitchen. Right now, breakfast is being served to you in your guest room for the safety of all involved, but we traditionally love sharing this time with our guests in the morning.
Our Inn is the perfect place for a little romantic one-on-one time and some of that much-needed time away from home and the day-to-day-chaos of modern life. Take a deep breath of clean North Shore air, and let us take care of you. Book your room at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast today.