A delicious pint of beer at some of Duluth’s best breweries on a cold winter day: What could possibly be better? Duluth informally likes to call itself the craft beer capital of Minnesota, and it’s a title we think is quite fitting. Beer-loving tourists have been flocking to the North Shore for years, searching for their next favorite pint.
Imagine working up a great sweat on Duluth’s trails, or coming in after a day on the ski slopes, relaxing with a pint of craft beer that has been brewed right here on the shores of Lake Superior. It’s truly the perfect way to cap off a great day in Duluth. Now that is even easier with the Drink in Duluth card offered by Visit Duluth. Book your room at our Luxury Bed and Breakfast, and come raise a pint with us at the best breweries in Duluth.
Visit the Best Breweries in Duluth
It bears repeating: There is no shortage of extraordinary craft beer on the North Shore of Lake Superior. Now, getting around to the best of Duluth’s breweries is even easier, and more importantly, rewarding, with the Drink in Duluth card offered by Visit Duluth. Each time you visit one of the participating breweries, you’ll get a stamp. Collect 7 stamps at whichever locations you want, and you can redeem it for a free drink! Here are the breweries participating in this great rewards card:
- Bent Paddle Brewing
- Lake Superior Brewing
- Ursa Minor Brewing
- Blacklist Brewing Co.
- Fitgers Brewhouse
- Canal Park Brewing Company
- Hoops Brewing
- Earth Rider Brewery
- Thirsty Pagan Brewing
Drinking in Duluth isn’t limited to breweries. There are plenty of other great places that participate with the Drink in Duluth Card, including the following:
More Great Places to Drink in Duluth
Duluth certainly has a long list of great places to enjoy a well-crafted beer. Add to that mix plenty of distilleries and other bars, and Duluth’s nightlife scene looks increasingly attractive for both locals and visitors alike. When you’re ready to enjoy a night out on the town, we recommend taking a look at TwinPortsNightlife.com. It’s an incredible resource and the most comprehensive guide to Duluth’s nightlife. As longtime residents of Duluth, we certainly have cultivated a few favorite live music venues over the years. Here are 5 of our favorites:
- Sir Benedicts Tavern on the Lake is a great place to go if you’re into authentic English Pubs. Sir Ben’s is situated right on the shores of Lake Superior, and offers extraordinary views from their outdoor patio. They host live music at least 5 nights a week, and as such is a popular mainstay in Duluth’s nightlife.
- The Barrel Room is the place to go if you’re a whiskey lover. They have a vast assortment of whiskey, bourbon, and signature drinks worth trying. The Barrel Room is located in the historic Fitger’s building, which has long been a nightlife mainstay in Duluth. Enjoy the rustic setting, delicious drinks, and some of the best live music around.
- Renegade Improv at Zeitgeist Teatro Zuccone is a one-of-a-kind venue for live comedy and an Improv performance every Friday and Saturday night. Located next to the Zeitgeist Arts Cafe, where you can enjoy classic cocktails before, during and after the show.
- While Black Water Lounge makes our list as the “Best Martini Bar in Minnesota,” it is temporarily closed. While we wait for them to reopen, try grabbing drinks at their sister restaurant Tavern on the Hill, or Black Woods Grill & Bar.
The next time you’re in Duluth, don’t hesitate to kick up your heels a little bit and have some fun. The nightlife here is worth it, and we’re always happy to give you personalized recommendations throughout the duration of your stay.
The Best Lodging in Duluth
If you’d rather let someone else do all of the planning and work for you, sit back and relax and let The Duluth Experience be your guide to some great North Shore breweries. They have excellent brewery tours available throughout the year, which can be booked when you make a reservation at our Inn, where you’ll enjoy the most comfortable accommodations in all of Duluth. By now, your mouth should be watering. Book your room with us today, and come quench your thirst in Duluth.