As the fall weather continues to roll in and we eye a distant winter on the North Shore, it’s time we start to turn our attention to all of the other great things to do in Duluth. Getting outdoors and going on adventures is great, but there’s much more to Duluth than hiking and biking. There’s no doubt that autumn in Duluth is a magical time to be outside during the day, but at night, the city truly comes alive. Duluth and the greater Twin Ports area is home a a thriving nightlife, and there are a great variety of bars and entertainment venues that showcase local artists and live musicians. Book a room at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast this fall, and enjoy the sounds of local artists at our favorite nightlife venues.
Duluth’s Nightlife Comes Alive
Duluth has a long history of brewing. Accordingly, the city today hosts a vast number of microbreweries and brewpubs, each making their own deliciously unique craft brews. Add to that mix plenty of distilleries and other bars, and Duluth’s nightlife scene looks increasingly attractive for both locals and visitors alike. When you’re ready to enjoy a night out on the town, we recommend taking a look at TwinPortsNightlife.com. It’s an incredible resource, and the most comprehensive guide to Duluth’s nightlife. As longtime residents of Duluth, we certainly have cultivated a few favorite live music venues over the years. Here are 5 of our favorites:
- Red Herring Lounge is one of the most popular places in Duluth for live music. Their calendar is pretty extensive, and always worth checking out when you’re in town.
- Sir Benedicts Tavern on the Lake is a great place to go if you’re into authentic English Pubs. Sir Ben’s is situated right on the shores of Lake Superior, and offers extraordinary views from their outdoor patio. They host live music at least 5 nights a week, and as such is a popular mainstay in Duluth’s nightlife.
- The Barrel Room is the place to go if you’re a whiskey lover. They have a vast assortment of whiskey, bourbon, and signature drinks worth trying. The Barrel Room is located in the historic Fitger’s building, which has long been a nightlife mainstay in Duluth. Enjoy the rustic setting, delicious drinks, and some of the best live music around.
- Renegade Improv at Zeitgeist Teatro Zuccone is a one-of-a-kind venue for live comedy and an Improv performance every Friday and Saturday night. Located next to the Zeitgeist Arts Cafe, where you can enjoy classic cocktails before, during and after the show.
- Black Water Lounge makes our list as the “Best Martini Bar in Minnesota.” This Martini Lounge brings an air of class to Duluth’s nightlife scene, and is a must-do activity when in town.
The next time you’re in Duluth, don’t hesitate to kick up your heels a little bit and have some fun. The nightlife here is worth it! Take advantage of our Fabulous Fall Special, and book your room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast in Duluth today.