- After a warm, sumptuous breakfast, today is the day to hit the slopes! You’ll find great slopes at Spirit Mountain just minutes away, or Mont du Lac in Superior, WI!
- After, or during, your ski adventure at Spirit Mountain, take a ride on the new Timber Twister, the year round alpine coaster with spectacular views! There is nothing like it in the Midwest!
- After enjoying your time on the slopes, come inside and warm up At Sara’s Table/Chester Creek Café for a delicious meal or cup of hot chocolate!
- Tonight the kid at heart comes alive as you head down to Canal Park and take in the magic of the season with the fantastic light display at the Bentleyville Tour of Lights! Cookies, hot chocolate, and a great way to spend an evening!
- Head back to the AG Thomson House, fill up that whirlpool, pop in a movie, and relax after a great winter day in Duluth!
So you are not a downhill skier, but a Nordic skier…do we have the trails for you! Duluth’s parks and cross country ski trails are simply fantastic!
- SkinnySki is a website dedicated to keeping up with the conditions of our trails and a great resource for choosing one. One of our personal favorites is the Lester Park Trail located just east of us off Superior Street. It’s one of our most beautiful city parks, and well maintained trails. Other favorites include Chester Bowl, Hartley Park, and the Snowflake Nordic Ski Center.
- After enjoying an invigorating time on the trail, stop in at the New London Café; a quaint, hometown café located in Duluth’s east end neighborhood of Lakeside. After lunch, enjoy some of the unique shops this charming neighborhood has to offer. My absolute favorite is Serendipity; stop in and say hello to Gayle and tell her the A G Thomson House sent you there!
- Wind down your day and return to the Inn having enjoyed another beautiful winter day in Duluth. Enjoy another soak in your whirlpool or deep soaking clawfoot tub, a glass of wine, hot chocolate, tea or cider and some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Aaahhh! Tonight is the perfect night to grab a movie or two from our collection of over 500 DVD’s, order pizza from Pizza Luce, or call the FoodDudesDelivery.com and order from a few of the restaurants participating; then snuggle in for a cozy, warm and toasty night!
Today is the day you will do your holiday shopping!! You already made it to Serendipity, so now it’s off to more of Duluth’s unique shops and antique stores.
- After another incredible breakfast to fuel you, begin your shopping at the Fitger’s Brewery Complex, where you’ll find some wonderful shops – inside where it’s warm and cozy! You’ll start your day here, and later on, end your day here; I’ll tell you more later!
- Now continue heading east on Superior Street and stop at Old Town Antiques, Lake Superior Art Glass, and more!
- The Canal Park District is just a hop and skip and a jump where you will find more treasures at the DeWitt Seitz Marketplace, Waters of Superior, Father Time Antiques, Duluth Pack, and so much more!
- You’re sure to find treasures for everyone on your list, and you are sure to be hungry, so stop in at Amazing Grace Bakery and Cafe, Bellisio’s or Grandma’s Bar and Grill for a delicious meal!
- With packages in hand, head home to the A G Thomson House and recuperate from your excursion with a warm cup of hot chocolate, nestle in one of our comfortable sofas or chairs in the living room in front of the fireplace, and unwind!
- Tonight you are going to become a kid again, and take the Christmas City Train. Enjoy a lovely and relaxing dinner at Midi’s Restaurant on the lower level of the Fitger’s Brewery Complex; then hop aboard the Christmas City Train!
- Returning to the complex after reliving your childhood on the Polar Express, enjoy a night cap at the Red Star Lounge to top off another fun-filled day in our lovely city!