- Venture out after a delicious breakfast to enjoy a day in the Canal Park Waterfront District, where you’ll find some unique gift and antique shops to explore.
- From the DeWitt-Seitz Marketplace to Duluth Pack; treasures will surely follow you home.
- Enjoy lunch at the Amazing Grace Bakery Café and savor some of the best sandwiches and bread around.
- Wander over to the Lakewalk and stroll along the lake, stopping at several points of interest along the boardwalk and Superior’s shores.
- Watch the beginning of the shipping season as the Aerial Lift Bridge raises for some of the first ships of the season and tour the Maritime Museum; a fantastic museum full of fascinating maritime history; admission is free!
- Depending on our spring weather, you can sneak inside and enjoy a show at the Duluth 10 Movie theater or tour the Great Lakes Aquarium.
- Finally, enjoy a romantic Italian dinner at VaBene offering fresh Italian dishes with a spectacular view of Lake Superior, the Aerial Lift Bridge and Lakewalk.
- Today is a great day to enjoy a trip along the beautiful shores of Lake Superior. Travel along Scenic Hwy 61, taking your first stop at Brighton Beach (Kitchi Gami Park). Of Duluth’s shorelines, this is one of the most rugged (and one of our favorites) with large boulders resting against the shore while waves crash against them; with the Aerial Lift Bridge off in the distance.
- Travel leisurely and take to time to pull into some of the viewing spots along the way up to Two Harbors. Once in Two Harbors, check out the waterfront, and some of the unique shops downtown.
- Continuing your travels along Scenic Hwy 61, you will come to Gooseberry Falls State Park. Stop in at the Joseph N. Alexander Visitor Center; then take some time to enjoy the many trails, waterfalls, and a forest of evergreens, aspens, and birch.
- Just past Gooseberry Falls you’ll find the spectacular Split Rock Lighthouse and Split Rock Lighthouse State Park. Depending upon the time of your visit, the lighthouse may not be open for tours, but you can visit the grounds and enjoy the trails along Lake Superior’s shoreline. There’s more extraordinary beauty as you travel along the North Shore that can take you all the way to Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada if you desire.
- On your return to the A G Thomson House, along the Scenic North Shore, enjoy dining at the New Scenic Café;one of Duluth’s finest gourmet restaurants and an incredible dining experience. You will savor delightful food, and enjoy a relaxing environment to unwind after a busy day.
- You’ve shopped and you’ve hiked, and enjoyed some of the beautiful scenic areas of Duluth and the North Shore, now enjoy some history. The Tweed Museum of Art located on the campus of UMD; with exhibits throughout the year.
- The Karpeles Manuscript Museum; with manuscripts from historical to literary.
- The Saint Louis County Heritage and Arts Museum – The Depot in downtown Duluth is an architectural gem and has been beautifully restored.
- The Glensheen Mansion is a must; daily tours begin mid-May.
- Wind down for the day with an early dinner at the Zeitgeist Arts Cafe, and stroll across the street to the Blackwater Lounge, a “Frank Sinatra” type of lounge, for a night cap and one of their signature martinis.
Of course, at the end of every day, you will be able to return home to comfort and relaxation at the A G Thomson House Duluth Bed and Breakfast!
WANT TO TAKE THIS WITH YOU? PRINT THIS SPRING ITINERARY AND EXPLORE!
SPECIALS & PACKAGES
Pamper yourself and your companion with any one of our unique and special packages that are sure to enhance your stay at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast!
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
#1 BED & BREAKFAST IN THE US 2016 TRAVELERS CHOICE AWARD WINNER TRIPADVISOR.COM
#10 BED & BREAKFAST IN THE WORLD 2016 TRAVELERS CHOICE AWARD WINNER TRIPADVISOR.COM
BEST OF MINNESOTA - BEST URBAN B&B 2016 BEST OF MINNESOTA
BEST OF MINNESOTA - CLASSIC ELEGANCE2015 BEST OF MINNESOTA
BEST BED & BREAKFAST IN THE MIDWEST MIDWEST LIVING MAGAZINE