When taking over the A.G. Thomson House in August of 2007, we knew we were acquiring one of the most unique pieces of property in the heart of Duluth’s incredible Historic Mansion District.
It is a property like no other in this peaceful Congdon district of Duluth, with two (2) acres of private grounds, nestled amidst towering pines. The A.G. Thomson House spent a couple of years on the real estate market, waiting for that perfect buyer. We were fortunate enough to become its new caretakers! We have worked very hard to restore the beauty and reputation to this warm, wonderful, elegant home and Duluth MN Bed and Breakfast, and are enjoying sharing it with our guests, friends, and family.
We have also been fortunate to begin to receive acknowledgement for the work we have done. Our mission as Innkeepers and caretakers of our incredible home is to continue to strive to offer our guests a warm and inviting space, genuine hospitality, and to continue to preserve, restore, and refine this perfect place that we call home, in beautiful Duluth, MN!
This page is intended to allow our guests, media, and anyone interested in learning more about us and the Historic A.G. Thomson House – a luxury Bed and Breakfast in Duluth, MN!
We welcome and encourage your responses, and interest. Please feel free to contact us if we can provide you with any more details or information.
- Military Times
Press Release – AG Thomson House in Military Times
- Minnesota Monthly
- Green Hotels
We were approached by Environmental Journalist, Judith Stock, Member Society of Environmental Journalists. She was interested in writing a feature story on the AG Thomson House focusing on our efforts to reduce the carbon footprint at our inn; while still providing the modern conveniences and amenities that guests expect from a luxury Duluth MN Bed and Breakfast. You can read this version, or log on to the Green Hotels online to read this article featured in the September 2009 issue.
- The A.G. Thomson House – 2013 Glorious Garden award from BnBfinder
- The A.G. Thomson House – 2009 Winner for best Commercial Garden
Each year the Duluth Garden Flower Society sponsors a Garden on Display contest. We are very honored to have received this award, particularly considering the state of the grounds and gardens when taking over in August of 2007. The yard/lawn was dead, and gardens greatly neglected. We have continued to work very hard to bring back not only the Inn, but the beauty that surrounds us. With several varieties of hydrangeas, and striking perennial gardens; this will be an ongoing and loving effort (and one of my favorite things to do!)
- The A.G. Thomson House – Named the Best Bed and Breakfast in the Twin Ports by Duluth~Superior Magazine
The A.G. Thomson House Historic Bed and Breakfast was named the winner in three (3) different categories by Duluth~Superior Magazine “Best of Duluth~Superior” issue. The “Best of” Poll offered readers the opportunity to select the best and favorite businesses and attractions in the Twin Ports area. The A.G. Thomson House won in the categories of Best Bed and Breakfast, Best Hotel Rooms, and Best In-Room Dining!
- The A.G. Thomson House Historic Bed and Breakfast was named and awarded a “Top Ten Cozy Places to Stay in the United States” by the world’s most trusted and respected travel review website, Trip Advisor!
- The A.G. Thomson House – 2010 Co-winner for best Commercial Master Garden
Each year the Duluth Garden Flower Society sponsors a Garden on Display contest. We are very honored to be named a co-winner of this award. We continue to work very hard to expand upon the beauty that surrounds us. Once again this season we have added more gorgeous hydrangeas, and built upon our perennial gardens; along with some fun yard art. The flying pigs have been a hit!
- The A.G. Thomson House Historic Bed and Breakfast is proud to announce that it has been featured in one the regions finest magazine; Lake Superior Magazine!
A G Thomson House – Lake Superior Magazine feature article!
We were very excited when approached by Lake Superior Magazine in December of 2009 about the possibility of doing a feature article in the December 2010/January 2011 issue of their fantastic magazine. We couldn’t be more proud to be a part of this incredible magazine, and to have the opportunity to showcase our beautiful Inn all dressed up in its holiday best. We hope you enjoy this issue (and many others), and we hope to see you at our Inn any time of the year!
- The A G Thomson House named a Top Ten Romantic Inn in 2011 by iLoveInns.com
The AG Thomson House Bed and Breakfast is proud to announce that it has been selected as a Top Ten Romantic Inn by the renowned Bed and Breakfast website iLoveInns.com. It is a great honor to be named among other wonderful regions across the country like Hawaii, British Columbia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and more! This selection comes from a choice of over 30,000 Inns across the United States and Canada. The Top 10 Romantic Inns, and the AG Thomson House Bed and Breakfast were carefully selected by iLoveInns for overall romantic attributes–scenic setting and location, interior beauty and design, heartfelt hospitality, pampering amenities and creative activities. The AG Thomson House Bed and Breakfast offers a variety of romantic choices personalized for a truly one-of-a-kind experience. We could not be more proud to represent the beautiful city of Duluth and Minnesota’s North Shore!
- The A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast awarded BEST AMENITIES for 2011
The AG Thomson House Bed and Breakfast is proud to announce that it has been awarded BEST AMENITIES by LanierBB.com; one of the industry’s leading Bed and Breakfast websites. Winners of this prestigious award have been voted the best in their category by LanierBB online readers and voted for the AG Thomson House from a selection of over 8,500 Inns across the country. The AG Thomson House Bed and Breakfast was chosen by guests because it possesses unique qualities and specific attention to detail in an effort to make your bed and breakfast stay a truly memorable and unforgettable experience. We are very proud of this award and thank all of our guests for choosing and voting for our Inn!
- The A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast selected one of the “Best of the Midwest” by Midwest Living!
The A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast, a Duluth Bed and Breakfast, has been selected by Midwest Living Magazine as one of the “Best of the Midwest” in their 2011 Travel Guide. The editors of this guide describe their “Best of” choices as the very best advice on Where to go, Where to Stay, What to Eat, and What to Do in the Midwest. We are incredibly proud, honored and humbled to be selected as the only Bed and Breakfast in Duluth and the North Shore of Minnesota!
- The A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast once again voted a “Best Of” in the Twin Ports 2011 “Best of ” survey in 5 categorgies!
We are proud and excited to have been voted by our guests in the 2011 “Best of” survery in 5 categories. The A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast was voted the “Best Bed and Breakfast”, “Best Hotel Rooms’ beating out some of Duluth’s finest, “Best Amenities”, “Best In-Room Dining”, and “Best Romantic Getaway!” We thank all of our guests for taking the time to vote for us! We promise to live up to our selections!
- The A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast is proud to announce its selection by Midwest Living magazine as one of the “Midwest’s BEST B & B’s” in the June 2011 issue. We are the only Inn on the North Shore and in Duluth to be selected and named in this prestigious magazine!
“… as a Midwest Living contributor, I can heartily endorse you being included among the Best B&B’s…Well-deserved!” Lisa Meyers-McClintick , Travel Writer
“We were so happy to include your B&B–well deserved!” Kendra Williams, Midwest Living Travel Editor
- The A G Thomson House Duluth Bed and Breakfast named the #1 Bed and Breakfast in the United States by Trip Advisor 2012 Travelers’ Choice Awards! Also selected as the #11 Bed and Breakfast in the World by the 2012 Travelers’ Choice Awards!
- “Relaxing setting, luxurious rooms, gorgeous grounds, yummy breakfast and treats. Friendly service and all around great hosts.”
SPECIALS & PACKAGES
Pamper yourself and your companion with any one of our unique and special packages that are sure to enhance your stay at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast!