Welcome to another perfect day, and season, in Duluth! After savoring your multi-course breakfast at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast, it’s time to journey out and experience Duluth in its autumnal glory.
- Begin your adventure by heading up to Hawk Ridge Bird Observatoryand experience migrating raptors as they concentrate in impressive numbers on the bluffs overlooking East Duluth and Lake Superior on their journey south.
- Follow Skyline Parkway and meander Seven Bridges Roaddown to the North Shore and Scenic Highway 61.
- Continue your travels up the North Shore, taking in the beauty of the vibrant colors and finding time to stop in at some of the local gift shops along the way to Gooseberry Falls State Parkand Split Rock Lighthouse, then up to Tettegouche State Park where you will experience spectacular overlooks, cascading waterfalls, and miles of trails. On your journey back to Duluth, be sure to check out the Betty’s Pies to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Your dinner tonight is going to be an extraordinary experience on one of Vista Fleet’s Dinner Cruises! Whether you choose the Sunset Dinner Cruise or the Elegant Champagne Dinner Cruise, you will spend a romantic and memorable evening, among the divine beauty of Lake Superior and painted backdrop of autumn colors.
Wow, what a delightful day and evening you shared yesterday and now more adventures await you today! Duluth is so fortunate to have some large, beautiful parks nestled in the city that you feel like you are miles from town.
- Today enjoy the outdoors by walking, hiking, or strolling in one of our many beautiful and expansive parks. One of those is Enger Park and Towerperched high above Lake Superior overlooking Duluth’s harbor, along the west end of Skyline Parkway. Climb the tower or stroll the grounds and watch the ships as they enter or depart Duluth’s port below.
- Or experience Chester Parkpositioned in the center of Duluth, also along Skyline Parkway. Chester Park is a Duluth treasure.
- Moving toward the east end of town is one of our favorites; Lester Park. Lester Parkin located at Duluth’s East End, and boasts some of the most beautiful scenery in the city as the Amity Creek and Lester River converge through this park and head toward Lake Superior. For lunch today, consider savoring a delicious selection of homemade salsas at Burrito Union or head down the lake and enjoy a sandwich at Sir Benedicts Tavern on the Lake.
- After lunch, venture down to the Canal Park Waterfront District and stroll along the Lakewalk, stopping along the way to view various points of interest like the Korean and Vietman War Memorials, or be brave and dip your toes in the lake. TheLakewalk extends a great distance now, all the way out to 46th Avenue East, but you don’t have to go that far to get a delicious after lunch malt or ice cream cone at the historic Portland Malt Shoppe or Bridgeman’s Ice Cream; each positioned conveniently along the path of the boardwalk!
- While in Canal Park, be sure to check out some of the unique gift shops in the DeWitt Seitz Marketplace, explore in one the antique shops, shop in the renowned Duluth Pack, or pick up some yummy chocolate delights at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory!
- As long as you’re down in Canal Park, stay and enjoy sushi at Cloud 9 Asian Bistro or a fabulous gourmet meal at the Lake Avenue Bar and Restaurant!
You will begin another great morning at the A G Thomson House with a sumptuous breakfast and warm hospitality, then off on more adventures!
- The Glensheen Mansion is a good way to start off your day with a standard or extended tour of the former home of the richest man in Minnesota, Chester Congdon. You’ll experience the beauty and grandeur of another era!
- After enjoying the Glensheen Mansion, head to the University of Minnesota – Duluth campus and visit the Tweed Museum of Art, a major cultural and educational resource for the Upper Midwest.
- Enjoy a delightful lunch at the Brewhouseor Mexico Lindo located in the Fitger’s Brewery Complex.
- After lunch enjoy a stroll along the Lakewalkwhich can be picked up from the complex, or enjoy shopping in one of the many shops within the Brewery Complex, and along Superior Street.
- After shopping, head down to Canal Park to watch one of the many ships pass through the port and under the Aerial Lift Bridge, and spend time in the Maritime Museum; an informative look at shipping on the Great Lakes.
- You’ve enjoyed another busy day, so head back to the A G Thomson House where your massageawaits you!
- Dinner tonight will take you up the North Shore on the “culinary highway” back to the New Scenic Cafefor a glass of wine, and fine dining with a beautiful view of Lake Superior!